New Cycle..Any Ideas?

Hey, I'm 5'3" and DH is 6'3" (a shower with a tub works well. You can stand on the side of the tub.)

Maybe we've caught on to something. If there is a 12" difference between you and your partner, you could have unexplained infertility, lol.

My first was unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs and I finally got pregnant.

Now, after 2 spontaneous pregnancies, my body isn't working right . . . again.

Just this past month I've accepted that I am going to need help. I've scheduled my appt with my RE Aug. 1st. I'd like to try a couple of months of meds/injectables whatever and see if that results in anything. If not, I'll go to IVF. IUI worked the first time, but the success rate is so low, and I invest so much emotionally while doing fertility treatments, I want the best chance possible.

I don't want to do it either. I'm just hoping that if I make the embryo, it'll stick.

I'm terrified of IVF on other levels, but I'm not voicing those yet because they aren't actually problems yet.

Sadly we have two shower stalls in the house:cry: which is why we were unsuccessful:haha: I did 6 rounds of Clomid this time and nothing:dohh: I ovulated but no pregnancy:nope: so FS said no to IUI..for the same reason you stated..low chance..She gave us a 5% with IUI but a very good 43% with IVF:haha: not sure why she said 43% and not 40% or 45% but I'll take the 43% regardless.

5% versus 43%? No brainer to me.

IVF is more invasive and expensive though.

My insurance will cover for about 1 cycle. I absolutely can't afford to pay out of pocket, it will never happen. So, I'm placing all of my hopes on 1 cycle. If it fails. . . . .

We don't have insurance that'll cover IVF:growlmad: So its all out of pocket (between $8000-$9000) however our health cover here that everyone has will give half back the day of egg transfer and if we need another full cycle in the same year them we will get almost 100% back so very lucky in that we get alot back but we still need it all upfront which is a pain in the backside. If we are lucky enough to get some frozen embryos then its about $1500 to have FET and we'll get almost all of that back, so not too bad. I know if we didn't get any money back we'd only have one chance but luckily its a decent healthcare system.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->