new girl, just told i have pcos, very confused and scared

loulaar

Reaction score
hi everyone, i have jsut been told i have pcos, endometriosis, and a polup in my womb.
bit of a shock to hear all that, i knew i had problems but all that lot!
they are going to laser the endo and the polup, i am due to have a lap procedure done i am waiting for an appointment for it.
i have also been told that i will probably have to go on metforim.
i weigh in at 14.8lb and have always been overweight , i am 5'3, .
am i right in that that medication should help me to loose weight? i have a large tummy that looks a bit pregnant.
will it also help with the excess hair , top lip navel etc.
i already have a child who is 3 so i am soooo grateful , but it seems that it only took me 3/4 months to get pregnant before.
now after reading up on this pcos looks like i am set to be a hairy fat woman with diabetes prone to heart attacks and strokes.
it is alot to take in and i am feeling a bit stressed about it all.

anyone got any words of wisdom for me.
thanks
x

hiya, welcome to bnb! i dont know much about pcos, but there's so many lovely ladies on here that are a wealth of knowledge!! xxxx

hii welcome! I dont really have too much info on it but i have "borderline" pcos which isnt so bad but it makes me really irregular and i had a slight problem getting pregnant the 2nd time due to no ovulation but really all i wanted to say was Princess bump really is a great person too talk too about pcos she made me feel sooo much better! i hope everything goes well for you!

Hi hun, welcome to the site. I'm sure you'l fimd lots of support here hich you'll need if you've just had this all dropped on you. I think you'll find that the conditions are all fairly 'common' although I'm not in a position to say a I don't suffer, but many of the girls here do have them, although I can only imagine the worry that being told you have all three must have caused you.

I think probably the best place for you to have a look is in the LTTC and Assisted Conception section. Although you've maybe not been trying for a long time it sounds like you need to discuss the medical side of things and that may be the best place for you start out. Maybe post a thread in there with a headline of 'is this the right place for me?' and take it from there. i'm sure you'll find lots of support.

Hello and welcome. I'm not too familiar with PCOS or endo but i'd just like to send you my best wishes and hope you get the answers you need and start to feel a little better. Take care :hugs: xx

https://bd.lilypie.com/IJibp1/.png

hello and welcome :hi:

as zara kindly said, i too have pcos, my symptoms have varied from excess hair, weight gain and difficulties losing the weight, as well as terribly painful periods, heavy periods and long cycles 33-38 days, and atm, one period since september.

as you can see - i have a daughter, maddi was conceived after only 9months of trying, and after 5months after my lap, dye and drilling surgery as you mentioned. i no we were very lucky to conceive in such a short space of time, but it also shows that all is not lost with regards to pcos and ttc. not really sure what else to say, other than wishing you so much luck :hugs: and if you ever need to talk, i'm always about :D

carly x

Welcome to BNB :wave: theres loads of lovely ladies on here who can offer great advice.

Hiya :hi: welcome to BnB! Cant really help but just wanted to say hi! xx

:hi: Welcome to Baby and Bump! x

:hi: and welcome to BnB. I have PCOS and if you need any help just send me a msg sometime x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->