New Grad Midwife?

CrazyMumma

Reaction score
Hi all

I am meeting a midwife tonight - she sounds really lovely over the phone, however she only qualified in Dec last year....I had a very experienced one with my DD4 - but she was a bit too old school and frankly a b*tch!

Would you go for a newly qualified midwife?

I say give her a chance if your feeling her this far. My ob is a new graduate D.O. I really like her so far. Everyone starts from somewhere.

I agree about giving her a chance. Everyone is new at one point or another (I actually had some midwife interns examine me with DD several times towards the end). I'm not sure how it works in NZ, but do midwifes work under an OB or is that just the states? Or elsewhere?

You absolutely have to be comfortable with your provider, but I don't think there's any harm in giving her a try. If you decide you don't like her (right away or after a few visits), there's no harm in switching :)

I had a newly qualified midwife deliver my dd and she was great! At one point she wanted an opinion from someone with more experience but she explained then got another midwife, then took back over no problems xxx

I say give her a chance, everyone has to start from somewhere

Yes definitely. I'm training to be a midwife and I assure you after three years in university and placements you are harshly marked they will not pass anyone that is good enough.
Don't see a problem with it at all they have three years experience in hospitals, home births and also with low and high risk women

Thanks everyone

Hubby and I met her last night and she was lovely - so signed on with her. Such a relief!

I was with a trainee midwife through most of my labour and she came with me during my section. She was lovely (if far too young, skinny and beautiful for my liking :haha: ) and I felt very confident with her the whole time. Some of the older midwives were mean!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->