New here advice please!!

hazzabeanie

mum of 2
Reaction score
hi ladies im new to NTNP me and my oh have a 14 month old ds and we have just decided to NTNP :) im sooooo excited as i really wanted harry to have a sibling close in age, any way were getting married in may and this weekend we DTD 3 times :)

Basically im wanting to know if anyone can help me find out when roughly i will be ovualting just so i no roughly, my period starts on the 17th every month and im regular cycle!!

we ar not going to actively TTC as we have no time to do this what with the wedding etc!!

so id love a buddy :)

also i would love to concieve a girl obv im not fussed either way aslong as they are healthy but would def love a lil girly as then id have one of each :)

:flower:

Hey, Im new to NTNP too:) we have a little boy 12 months old and we really dont see the point in waiting to have another..we are married, own a house and want our kids close in age..I got my Implanon out over a month ago but havent had AF and not a BFP either although i knew i wouldnt get one straight away:)

You usually ovulate on roughly between day 10 and 14 of your cycle?? i think.. OH and we too are hoping for a girl as we have had our boy:) Ive read a few articles that say certain things like male sperm are quicker but dies faster whereas female sperm are slower but lives longer:)

good luck!

Everyone ovulates at a different time in their cycle but it's "typically" between 10-14 days after :witch: if you have a regular 28 day cycle. If your cycle is longer, it could be 12-16 days before your next :witch: is due. Since my cycle is never regular and I've been on BC for 11 years, I really wanted to get to know my cycle and my body so I've begun watching my Basal Body Temperature. This is done by taking my temperature immediately upon waking each morning (before getting out of bed or even rolling over!) and tracking it. I use www.countdowntopregnancy.com as I found it to be the most user friendly but I also tried fertilityfriend.com and mymonthlycycles.com so it's just personal preference.

As for increasing the odds of having a baby girl, you need to become more comfortable with pinpointing your exact day of ovulation (which can be done by charting your CM, BBT, and cervical position patterns) and then :sex: up to 3 days before ovulation. You can learn more by reading a book called Choosing the Sex Of Your Baby which I found very interesting. Basically, female :spermy: are hardier and live longer in the acidity of uterus, up to 4-5 days. Male :spermy: are faster swimmers but die quickly (about 1 day) unless in an alkaline environment when they can live appx up to 2 days. Your uterus becomes less acidic each time you orgasm and as you get closer to your ovulation date so by BDing the day before, day of, and day after ovulation (and by orgasming more) you greatly increase your odds of having a baby boy. If you :sex: up to 3 days prior to ovulation and avoid orgasming, you're more likely to have a baby girl. You can probably read more online as well - it's known as the Shettles Method.

As much as my fiance I would prefer to have a baby girl first, we're going all out this month - our first cycle off birth control. As I get to know my cycle better, if we still haven't gotten a :bfp:, we'll be more selective in the days we :sex: to increase the odds of having a baby girl. For now though, we're just BDing every other day to every day - whenever it strikes our fancy really.

Anyway, good luck and :dust: to you!

thanks ladies this has been very interesting :) i think like you i am going to try and chart my temps find out more about my ovulation as there is no rush as im getting married in may and as i would really love a lil girl it makes sense to give it ag see what happens, if i did get another boy i would be just as happy stilll :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->