New here and need advice

jjr207

Reaction score
Hello ladies! I will be 40 in a couple months and I'm just starting my 11th month of ttc. I have a 2 children (almost 3 and almost 16m) who were conceived very quick and easy. Apparently my reproductive system aged a lot since the last pregnancy since I conceived the first month then! I don't track BBT because of my wacky schedule but I may attempt it this month anyway. I use OPK's though and do get a surge each month, albeit a late one. I know that I have a short LP. It is usually 10 days. I seem to have several symptoms of progesterone deficiency.

I've been taking a bunch of supplements: prenatals, B complex and extra B6, extra folic acid, coQ10, vitex, royal jelly, maca, l-arginine, and baby aspirin. I use preseed and sometimes the soft cups. I have great ewcm.

I have a doctor appointment Thursday to discuss fertility issues. I am hoping to get some sort of prescription to help strengthen my ovulation and increase my LP. If any of you have a situation similar to mine, is there anything you do or take other than what I mentioned? What's the typical precription drugs for these types of issues? It seems most docs start with clomid, correct? I won't be going so far as IUI or IVF. If I can't do this with medicinal help than I am going to call it quits.

Thanks!

Hi JJR, welcome. i hope your visit here is short and sweet. I've been diagnosed with premature ovarian depletion and have been on coQ10, DHEA, VIT C/E/D, EPO, royal jelly and vitex. I steer clear of aspirin as it's been scientifically linked as advil has to birth defects: https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/supplements-and-miscarriage/aspirin

I too have low progesterone and often what comes with that is estrogen dominance. There's a great little website that I've read inside and out. Tells you how to naturally increase progesterone among other things: https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/hormones-and-miscarriage/progesterone-research/how-to-increase-progesterone

The one supplement that I'm taken that I haven't been able to find medically based science on is:
https://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/premature_ovaries.html#dhea
I had my DHEAS and testosterone tested by my family physician and I'm at the minimal mark for both levels. Since i haven't had a side effect from taking them I figured at this rate it was worth a try.

Hopefully you're in the states and are able to get an aMH test to see how your fertility is doing. In Canada and Britain we have to rely on FSH and ultrasound, neither of which are very exact. My first month being tested for day 3 FSH came in at 16, next month was 6.5. Either my levels aren't consistent or the supplements were REALLY working lol. Best of luck to you, my FX for both of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->