New here and need advice

shelby2703

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

I am new on here and need some advice, my partner and I are TTC and have been using the ovulation kits this month; the problem is I have been offered a job closer to home with more stability. My only concern is what happens if I had in my notice and in that time fine out I am pg? I cannot go back on my notice and if I go to my new job I will not be eligible for SMP.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello hun,
Really there isn't anything i can suggest as it depends really, you have to be working in that employment for 26wks to get smp don't you? So if you are not pregnant now & start your new job wouldn't you of been in your new job by the 26wk mark? if that makes sense. Some jobs do let you go back on your notice it depends on the company you work for i guess. Sorry i'm not much help am i x

thanks for your help; i am happy to wait if i start a new job to be eligible for SMP; I guess I am hoping that this month will be the month that I fall as we have really been trying but I dont find out for another 2 weeks and dont want to miss out on this job.

Perhaps I am stressing for no reason!

You have nothing to worry about hun, if you do get pregnant at the new job - they cannot fire you for being pregnant. Good luck and welcome to the site

I've just pulled out of an interview because I found out I was pregnant. I was having qualms about applying for new jobs anyway knowing that I'd fall pregnant... it just doesn't sit right with me, but it's a personal choice. Also I 'm a teacher so it's more arkward as I'd be abandoning a totally new class etc!

Welcome to bnb family!:hugs:

In situation like this, we human are bound to nature. Therefore rather than worrying about a thing that has not happened, my recommendation is to go and start the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->