New Here and TTC #1

mcm16

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a different place that I should jump in and get started but I am new to the forum and will be TTC when my current BC pack is over in 2 weeks.

I am really tempted to stop now but I am worried that stopping mid pack will make things more difficult than necessary. I am already very nervous about coming off of the pill as I have been taking it for the better part of 10 years now and while I have read it shouldn't impact my fertility . I have downloaded an app to track my fertility and might look into OPKs as well.

Has anyone else here just stopped taking BC and is now TTC? Would love to have a buddy through the process as none of my friends are really TTC at the moment.

Hi and welcome to bnb! :D

Good luck with TTC :dust:

Not sure if there is a different place that I should jump in and get started but I am new to the forum and will be TTC when my current BC pack is over in 2 weeks.

I am really tempted to stop now but I am worried that stopping mid pack will make things more difficult than necessary. I am already very nervous about coming off of the pill as I have been taking it for the better part of 10 years now and while I have read it shouldn't impact my fertility . I have downloaded an app to track my fertility and might look into OPKs as well.

Has anyone else here just stopped taking BC and is now TTC? Would love to have a buddy through the process as none of my friends are really TTC at the moment.

Hey there! I am new to the forum and new to TTC as well. I just got off my birth control a week ago and have decided we are going to ttc this month ( I think lol). I was on the nuvaring, but I waited until it was my normal time to take it out, instead of messing things up midcycle. I have started prenatal vitamins. I also have downloaded a fertility app and I bought some ovulation tests this weekend. Maybe we can be buddies! I originally wanted to plan for a summer baby ( and depending on how long it takes, we might still get one), but since I have turned 30, the feelings about having a baby soon are kicking in!!

Hey there! I am new to the forum and new to TTC as well. I just got off my birth control a week ago and have decided we are going to ttc this month ( I think lol). I was on the nuvaring, but I waited until it was my normal time to take it out, instead of messing things up midcycle. I have started prenatal vitamins. I also have downloaded a fertility app and I bought some ovulation tests this weekend. Maybe we can be buddies! I originally wanted to plan for a summer baby ( and depending on how long it takes, we might still get one), but since I have turned 30, the feelings about having a baby soon are kicking in!!

I will be off my pill in 4 days :happydance:
I have also already started taking prenatal vitamins and plan to order OPK once I do some research on which ones are best value. So much to think about! PM me anytime :)

I would just stop whenever it's a good time for you. It shouldn't make any difference if you stop in the middle of the pack as your natural cycles will need to start up just the same either way. Your body doesn't know if you're in the middle or at the end to be honest if you're on a combined pill.

When we tried for our first, I stayed on my pills through the end of our holiday (which did end up being the end of the pack) but it was mostly because I didn't want my period while we were traveling and we wanted to wait til we got home to TTC. This time I actually took one pack and then started on the second pack for about a week or so (no break, which I would normally take) because again I was traveling (this time for work) and wanted to wait til I was heading home to stop them.

Both times it was fine. My cycles came perfectly normal the first month each time. The first time, I got pregnant on the 2nd month. This time, we're in our 2nd month now (though didn't really try last month as it was too hectic with Christmas), so fingers crossed. I was on the pill for 12 years when we first stopped to TTC and it didn't cause me any issues, and I was back on it again about 3.5 years this time, and all seems to be fine with my cycles (and I'm 36 so not a spring chicken!). So there's no reason to necessarily worry it will screw your cycles up. Most of my friends have gotten pregnant the first or second month and we're all in our 30s and have been on the pill forever! So I'd just stop when you're ready and the timing works out (i.e. your potential fertile days work out to be days you'll be able to try, etc.). Good luck!

I stopped the pill in June after 13 years of taking it, have been tracking my cycles since July and officially trying since October.

So far my cycles have all been long and I've only had 4 since I've started tracking them. I'm now thinking about opks since I don't know when or if I am actually ovulating.

I stopped the pill after being on it for about 11 years last August. I have had pretty regular cycles ranging from 30-32 days but very light periods. Not yet sure if I am ovulating yet. May try OPKs and temping after a few more months if I don't get a BFP before then! Good luck mcm! I hope you cycles go right back to normal for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->