New Here - Confused about ovulation and very long cycle...

More4mom

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking and reading for a few months now, trying to find some answers. So, instead, I'm jumping in to the fold and asking for your help.

I am CD 41 today, April 16th. CD 1 was March 7th. Not sure when I O'd (mainly because I was sick with pneumonia a few weeks ago). Now, after two BFN (CD 36 & 37), AF is still no where in sight. Except, I am totally bloated, crampy, irritable and feeling like AF is going to arrive any minute.

My cycles typically range between 25 (the shortest) and 31 (the longest). Ovulation average is CD 16 with a consistent 12 day LP.

I just turned 42 and my doctor says that no indication of perimenopause or menopause. She is supportive of our TTC - which is awesome!

At this point, I'm not sure what to do? Test again (scared to see another BFN - not sure my heart can take that again)? Wait it out, since feeling like AF is going to burst through at any moment? So confused...

Lisa

Just get a blood pregnancy test.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess so, hey? Thanks PositiveUs. I'll take an HPT either tonight or tomorrow AM, and if still BNF and no AF, I'll make an appointment to see my doctor.

BFN with FMU this AM. Suspect very late O or anovulatory. Will wait a week and see if AF shows up. Hesitating to go to the Docs, just feeling like a waste of time, to simply be told I'm not pregnant and to go back home...

Has anyone ever experienced this and still gotten a BFP? Or am I just grasping at straws???

(Big sigh!)

Oh my you are my soul sister :) almost same scenario here. Lots of Baby dust your way, please update when you can (y)

Oh, yeah! A soul sister!! Could sure use one about now...! Would love to hear more about your sitaution too... Where are you and and how are you keeping yourself sane???

Oh man, I'm struggling. CD 44 for me (well past my average 28 day cycle!). AF still MIA.

Hi :D

I am 54 days after my last mc, and 20 days after ovulation, 5 days late for current cycle. Taken 4 HTP all BFN and 2 Blood test also negative, yesterday I had my Dr check my blood for menopause and thank goodness it was negative. Talking with my Dr. she said that for some women, as we get close to 40s menstrual cycles start to become irregular. She put me on prenatal vitamins anyway, and told me to prepare for a very heavy AF since I am late for 2 periods now. Also she said that in a couple of weeks if no AF we will check again for pregnancy. She also recommended for me to loose weight, I am Fluffy, and to do physical activities every day.

Oh my, I am so sorry for your loss (MC)... I've been through that once (a few years back) and it was devastating! :-( (((Huge hugs)))

My doctor told me the same thing about me not being in menopause and also about cycle irregularity. Doesn't help much when sitting on a super long cycle tho. Today is CD 45. Feeling crampy, teary, sensitive, just like AF is about to show. I hope she comes today or tomorrow, so that I can just get on with this. If nothing by Sunday, I will make an appointment to go see my Dr. I was also "Fluffy" (that made me smile!). I had to drop 30 lbs and then I joined TaeKwon Do. I love it and it is helping me to feel stronger and healthier. But I only go 2 or 3 times per week. That's about all I can manage...

I am confused I didn't have a MC, I am still hopeful that I am pregnant and the tests are just not picking up. This happen to me before with my first daughter, test after test and everybody telling me I wasn't pregnant, and when it was confirmed they said that I got pregnant afterwards....Then she was born exactly by my count, and get this she was 9 pounds 13 oz, and 23 inches. The only thing is that I don't remember how long it was before I got a positive.

Nice to meet you Yochanah! I mis-read the "mc" in your post to be miscarried, but now that I read again, I see you were talking about menstrual cycle. So sorry for the confusion... (Shy frown)

If you've had this before, chances are really good that it could happen again. Oh, I'm so excited for you! How did you finally find out you were pregnant with your daughter? Did you get a positive on an HPT, or was it through the blood test? Are you really going to with a couple of weeks, like your doctor said, to test again or are you thinking of doing another HPT?

I'm CD 45, and still nothing, still feeling like AF is almost here - tired, hyper-sensitive (cried on the phone when talking to DH - poor guy!!), crampy, bloated. Even if not for this crazy cycle, your story has given me new hope... :) Thanks Yochanah...

I don't even remember......lol. The one thing for sure that I remember was as we searching for Doctors, one told me that I was not pregnant but that together we could and she wanted me to take a pill to bring my period, right away it didn't feel right. First of all I was only 24, so really lady? Then I just knew that I knew that I was pregnant even against everybody's opinion, so when she offered the pill I said no way, thinking that it could make me abort my tiny one. So let's be hopeful both of us, ok?
Of course I can't wait I already try another HTP and of course I got a very disappointing negative :( oh well.
I think no period there is still hope..... Anyways I am a little crazy and went online to one of those fortune teller, and she said that I was pregnant, that I will find out at the end of the month, that I will give birth late this year, and that is going to be a boy :p
I don't believe in witches but for sure they fly.....teeee heeee.
Let's hang in there Sis and if not this month very very soon. And I am also feeling like you to include very tender in my lower abdomen, ridding a very emotional train, :D
And by the way if you are not already taking, take your daily prenatal vitamin the side of a horse :p

I'm not taking prenatals, but I do take a regular multi-vitamin every morning. It's a good one and has good amounts of Folic Acid, which is what my doctor said was important early on. They are the size of horse pills too... Makes me nauseous whe I take them. Yuck! :p

CD 48 for me and no AF. I didn't test this weekend. I figured, it's possible that I ovulated late (maybe CD 38 - would be my best guess anyway), so if that's when I O'd, then I'd only be 10 DPO. I'll wait three more days and if no AF by then, then either test again, or go to my doctor. I keep reading on posts that we're not "out" until AF shows, so, you are right, we have to stay positive and hopeful! :)

I giggled at your fortune teller experience!!! Crossing my fingers that she was right!! Which CD are you at now??

Hi Yochanah... Wanted to let you know that AF came today! After a 48-day cycle, I am starting CD1 of my 15th cycle. I'm disappointed - to be expected, I suspose! :)

How are you???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"