New here could do with some help/advice

polkadotti

Reaction score
Hello :hi:

I'm new here, I'm 41 and am relatively new to TTC. Me and my partner are trying for our first baby. And I'm a bit confused about it all TBH.

I know the basics :sex: lol but not much about how I get there!!

Last month I had a chemical pregnancy and got all excited when I found out I was pregnant only to have a period a week later. I also had another chemical pregnancy about 2 years ago.

AF has just arrived this morning :witch: and I really thought I was pregnant this month. Bit TMI but the flow of blood is quite heavy so it must be AF. I started to feel really nauseous but it must have been due to something else. So I'm just starting a brand new shiny cycle.

What can I do to improve my chances this time around?

Should I start taking my temp? I've never done this before but I'm willing to give it a go.

I've got some Clearblue Digi OPK left. Should I get some cheapy ones too so I can afford to test everyday?

Are there any vitamins or supplements I should consider taking? I'm taking pregnacare everyday but nothing else at the moment. Is there anything that you can recommend? I'm willing to give anything a go. What would be the top ones that most people recommend. I have done some googling but there is so much info, it's making my head spin!

Just another thing, my cycles are all over the place, my last cycle 29 days, cycle before 36 days, one before that 39 days. (Cycles are usually around 35 days but this one is REALLY short for me). Only thing I did different this month is I had Reflexology. :shrug:

Thanks, and sorry for the long intro! Hope some of you can help or offer some advice.

Dotti x

with our first, i did the following:

more exercise (dance and yoga 1x each a week)
acupuncture, with herbs
stayed away from cold foods (i.e. ice cream, ice, salads)
ate more warming foods (i.e. soups, stews, dark leafy greens, eggs)
prenatal vitamins
b6

cut back on caffeine and alcohol.
completely cut it out before i'd ov.

cbfm, that was a huge help!

good luck, and welcome!:hugs:

Hi I am 40 and OH is 48 we have 4 month old twin girls. We used preseed to help with OH little swimmers and clear blue Opk + some ebay cheapies, and doing your temp is also a good idea but the less stressed you get the better and it dosen't always pay to DTD like mad, the month we conceived the twins we DTD less than in previous months.
Also it's a good idea to work out how many days past ovulation before your period arrives. I had a really short Luteal Phase and need an extra boost of progesterone cream to help keep my levels up.
Good Luck.

We finally conceived Lane 2 days after my 36th birthday with the help of Clomid (it took 4 cycles). My cycles were all over the place, too, so even with the opk's it was hard to track ovulation. What Clomid does is heighten ovulation and regulate periods - it took mine from a 5-11 week cycle to a 23-30 day cycle (each month was a little different).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->