New here & feeling confused! 12 dpo...

hopefulnester

Reaction score
Hi all, thanks in advance for taking the time to read.
I'm 40 DH is 43.
We got married in May of 2013 and became pregnant (my/our first time) in June. I got my first faint BFP on an FRER on 8&9 dpo that cycle and went on to get a nice dark one by 14 dpo. We ended up losing the little spirit though at 9 weeks to blighted ovum.
This cycle was our first cycle trying again. I'm scared and nervous and afraid to be hopeful.
I'm also confused as to my chart and when I o'd. I typically o around cycle day 12/13. In the past my Fertility Friend settings have been on Advanced. Somehow this cycle it was on Research VIP without my knowing and it gave me a nice solid red cross at cycle day 12 for ovulating. We baby danced that night so we thought maybe we had timed it right.
This time around because I'm a crazy pee stick maniac, I started testing at 7 dpo using Wondfo test strips (not the bad batch out there). I kept swearing I'd see a line but then it would disappear. Finally yesterday and today I have faiiiint lines that appear only after the 10 minute window you are supposed to read it within. I had to tweak photos both times.
Also I realized that if I chaged FF back to Advanced it gave me crosshairs of cycle day 15 for ovulating. I've never ovulated that late. So I'm going with hope and cycle day 12. But that means by now I'm 12 dpo and not getting strong lines like my last pregnancy. Does this mean I'm out and only seeing evaps on the Wondfo's??
11 dpo tweaked:
https://i39.tinypic.com/28tjtbs.jpg
12 dpo (today) tweaked slightly and this was 20 minutes so it was after the time frame you are supposed to read test in. :cry:
https://i43.tinypic.com/sq5b9v.jpg
I'm losing hope fast and just don't know what to think.
:nope:

hey hunny :wave: I too suffered a misscarriage in June and this is my first month TTC again :hugs: I did however undergo surgery for my gallbladder to be removed on saturday and due to infection, Im on akot of meds that may affect my chances this month :dohh: we'll see.

I do see a line on the 2nd one yes, but I would be reluctant to trust it with it being out the time-frame. But at mot, you will only need to wait a couple of days for an answer either way. Did you use opks? If so, what did they say in terms about your ovulation? Hope you didnt miss it this month, but if you did, we could do it together next month :) :thumbup: xx

Hi live_in_hope! Thanks so much for responding.
I don't use opk's because typically I have an idea based on a years worth of Fertility Friend charting. I always ovulate either cycle day 12 or 13. I can also feel it happening. So I was pretty darned sure I ovulated on 12 but I wasn't positive yet because it takes 3 high temps after o for FF to say which day it thinks you ovulated.
I'm soooo sorry to hear of your miscarriage. Its just so disheartening! But if you are anything like me you don't give up easily. :yipee:
I also have my GB out! I had it out about 6 years ago. I hope you heal up quick! If you are having erhm...gas troubles post surgery...I took activated charcoal and it worked WONDERS. I'm not sure about its safety with pregnancy though so you would want to ask your doc.
I hope we both get our bfps soon!
Yes I'm in it with you next go round if this month isn't my month!
Best!

oh wow really! How strange! Wonder what else we have in common? :thumbup: where abouts in the world are you?

Thanks for the tip, actually i have just had a BM, my first since saturday morning :dohh: Im suffering with a reaction to the iodine, so the whole of my abdomen is rashed up quite badly and my incisions are all infected, but i got in there quickly and the antibiotics are already working well.

That is strange then about FF, hmm, i know what you mean about knowing, I too always get very strong ov pains and always know when i ov but as this is first one off the pill, it will be different this month...im assuming. We'll see. :thumbup:

Keep me posted on how you get on with this cycle...did you dtd much over the course of your fertile window? Xx

Hi again live_in_hope!
Wow glad you got that all taken care of right quick! Phew!
So i took some other tests that were not showing a line at all and then the two ic's I took this morning were no line but the one I took at noon had a light faint faint shadow of a line again. I realized that my chart was off by 2 days because I had my Sat/Sunday temps around ovulation a couple hours later than I normally temp. So with the help of some expert charters I realized we o'd on cd 14! that means there is a chance i'm in the running and it puts me at 11 dpo today. I'm scared to get hopeful and excited but i'll hold on to that little bit of hope. Here's today's test at noon.
https://i42.tinypic.com/2li98jt.jpg

ooh I see it! :thumbup: ooh thats great you got your ov date changed and your back in the game :dance: how have you been feeling? Any symptoms? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->