New Here! Looking for advice...

Twinkie210

Mom of 2 and an ^Angel^
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am not really sure if I should be posting here yet, but I thought maybe some of the ladies on here could provide some advice!

I am 29, DH is 31 and we have been TTC #2 for a year now. We have an 8 year old son, but desperately want a sibling for him. I experienced an early loss last summer, where I found out that my progesterone was low (I have suspected this problem since we started TTC, but had never had it tested unitl then). I am now on 200mg of Prometrium once daily CD16-35 (which I never make it to 35!). At first I though Prometrium was helping my LP (it went from 10/11 days to 11/12 days but I continued to have problems with spotting). However, last cycle my LP dropped to 7 days! I am waiting out this cycle to see what happens (but so far I haven't O'd yet and I am beginning to wonder if I will). I am planning on making an appt with my OB/GYN if this cycle is a BFN, but I was just wondering if anyone has been diagnosed with Progesterone problems and how their Dr. chose to treat them? I really feel like my progesterone levels are keeping me from conceiving/maintaining a pregnancy. Also what other tests would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!

Im surprised they didn't put you on clomid as well as progesterone supplements.
You should also read up on b6 and LPD. I have extended my LP from 9 days to 13 using b6 and clomid.

Thanks! I haven't met with my OB/GYN to discuss fertility issues yet, he prescribed me the Prometrium at my last yearly exam. I am hoping that he prescribes clomid when I finally get an appt. I don't really ovulate on any set day of my cycle, it has ranged from CD14 to CD29, but it is usually later in my cycle, which I think is pointing toward a hormone imbalance... I don't want to start taking anything until after I meet with my Dr, incase he wants to run tests, but I will look into B6!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->