New here - lots of questions!

viccat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Found this lovely site when I was googling for answers to some of my questions and decided to join up. It was especially nice finding a board specifically for 35+ :)

A bit about me - I am 37 and just started TTC this year. It took a while to bring my OH around to the idea (6 years to be precise ;) ) but we are on the same page now, and he actually talks about life if/when we have kids.

The main thing I'm wondering about at the moment is whether taking Pregnacare Conception is a good idea? I took it last month and noticed some changes - most importantly I could no longer tell when I was ovulating which is worrying. Or even more worrying that I haven't anyway for the last 2 months.

I persevered with it this month, and am about mid way through my cycle. 2 days ago I had a mid-cycle bleed, which never normally happens. It was like AF (is that the right abbreviation?) starting for a few hours, but stopped the next day. What the heck is that about? I'm starting the 2ww (I already understand some of these abbreviations!) about now so it has got me completely puzzled, and more than a bit worried to be honest. I just have a dread that after all these years of being healthy I've left it too late.... :nope:

dont worry about too late just yet, depending on what your body wants to do, you could have untill early md 40's, especially with the help thats available,

To be honest, it sounds to me like you diddnt ovulate this month, you can have ovulation spottinga day or so after O which would be some light brown spotting and nto accompanie by AF cramps (but O can be accompanied by sharp pains in some women)- and then you can have implantation bleeding which would occure 5-7 dasy after O, and is a little bit of red spotting that can have some mild cramping with it.

Other bleeding is more likely to be when O doesnt occure the cycle is disrupted and progesterone falls drastcially wich means the AF cramping will start and some bleeding will occur, if this happens mid cycle there wont be much lining to shed at that point. THis has happened to me a few times, each time i thought/hoped it was implantation but it was actually an anovulatory cycle. Im on clomid now and it hasnt happened since.

Im on dc31- 14dpo with no sighn of AF- but it woulndt suprise me if i wake up with it tomorow, would be just my luck!!!

hi viccat! :hi: welcome to B&B!

I wouldn't (personally) take any supplements before knowing what is wrong (if anything) with my body. Some supplements out there help with a particular need, and if you don't know what you need, you may be taking something you don't need and therefore affecting your body.

My suggestion is to start taking your temperature in the morning before waking up. This is a good site with information and it allows you to chart your temperature also. This will tell you if you OV or not: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/370fe7 this is my chart (I didn't temp this month becasue I am on TTC break), but go to "home" and "education" it will tell you how to temp and its benefits. You can also start using OPKs to see if you get + (before OV) but I will def do the temping.

If you see something is not right with the charts (no signs of OV) or if you se that you do OV but you have not gotten pregnant, I would call the doctor and let them know you are TTC, if you have already been trying for a while you may want to ask them to start doing all tests: blood tests (to check your hormone levels) at 21 days, your HSG tests https://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/hysterosalpingogram-21590, even DH sperm test.

Lots of women try for a while before doing all the tests only to realize later that they should have done the tests sooner to figure out if there was any kind of problem with them or their husbands.

Best of luck to you!! :dust:

Thanks girls, I really appreciate having someone to "talk to" about this stuff. I am keeping it low key with OH, and REALLY don't want to set my mum and sister off on baby talk.

Would the clearblue fertility monitor give me similar information to OPKs?

Thanks girls, I really appreciate having someone to "talk to" about this stuff. I am keeping it low key with OH, and REALLY don't want to set my mum and sister off on baby talk.

Would the clearblue fertility monitor give me similar information to OPKs?

yes, it will. I had one and it told me when my LH surge went up and when I was OV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->