New here on the special needs support forum. Needing advice.

Amy-x

Mummy to a princess
Reaction score
My son visited the baby doctor last week due to delays in he's development. He is 10 months old on the 1st March. He was born 1/5/2014. The letter I am posting below is what I have received off of the baby doctor he saw and am wondering if anyone has any experience/advice for me please. The hardest thing is not knowing what's going on, what's going to happen, what it means etc

Thank you x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 72
Hi hun,

I don't have any advice for you really, but I know how scary it is to have neurologists involved, and not have any answers. My son had a stroke at 7 weeks and so far it's very much "wait and see", which is so hard. Why do they consider your DS to be delayed in his gross motor milestones if you don't mind me asking? What has helped me is to try and take control where I can and do something positive. Neurologically, baby massage is something positive you can be doing. I'm doing a lot of singing, talking and just general play and interaction, like round and round the garden etc. Also baby sensory and stimulation with textures like messy play etc. I don't know if/how much this will help my DS or yours, but feeling like I'm doing something staves off the feeling of helplessness I get sometimes. 2 months on and I do feel more positive, but I still have bad moments/days. My health visitor has recommended I get some counselling which I have requested. I guess what I'm saying is give yourself time, I hope you get some better news going forward. Big hugs xxx

Im sorry I have no advice but I would probably be googling those big words. try not to stop enjoying your wee man . it sounds like the doctor has got a good plan in place for you. you can start elimating things as you go to get to the bottom of his delays . He is only 10 months old try not to fret about this future too mcuh already before you know whats going on. I know easy for me to say x

Hi. I know anything with our children is scary and upsetting. When I look up those terms microcephaly - it means small head which by the results on that same paper your child's head is not small (at the 99.6 percentile). Then macrosomia - it means born larger than 8lbs 13oz or a large baby.

My daughter has always been in the 95 percentile and even off the chart at times for height and weight. Right now she is 3 and is as tall as 5-6 year olds. This has never been considered a problem.

Hypotonia means low muscle tone - which from my understanding can be concerning or can be easily resolved with physical therapies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->