New here..ttc second baby after 5 losses

babydancing

Reaction score
Hi all...I am new here, just looking for some support or encouragement or something, don't really know what I am expecting really. Maybe I just need to vent. I am the mother of a wonderful soon to be 3 yr old girl. We have been trying for a second baby since she was one. I have had 5 miscarriages and it has just been devastating and discouraging. I have Factor V Leiden and Primary APS, which make me prone to miscarrying. (I took heparin injections twice daily and 81 mg aspirin with my daughter and it was a complicated pregnancy, lots of bed rest, false early labor, pregnancy induced hypertension, she was born 4 weeks early, but she was born healthy- thank God). Since then, I have been working closely with my doc and take my neccessary medications...and I still can't keep a pregnancy going. I just don't know what to think anymore. Why am I having such a hard time all of a sudden? We are still trying...this month is our first month trying again after my last miscarriage. At what point would you ladies just say, enough I can't go through another loss? My hubby and I have talked about that and everytime we say no more, we keep trying for the love of a miracle baby that might be and so that our daughter can know the joys of being and having a sibling. I don't really know where I am going with this, just wonder if there are other women out there who have had several miscarriages and how you handle it all. Some days I find it hard to grocery shop without tearing up at a pregnant woman walking by...but I am lucky to have my daughter and more and more I see what an absolute miracle she is. Anyhoo....sorry this so long and to anyone who actually reads this..thank you for "listening".

So sorry for your losses, I can't imagine what your going through, my heart goes out to you :hugs:

Deciding whether or not to keep trying is something which no one but you & your DH can answer, you have to make that decision together.

You poor bugger, I know exactly how you are feeling! Ive had 4mcs in the last 8 months, praying like mad this one sticks, but still am thinking at what point will enough be enough?? Are they just concentrating on what you had with your daughter or have they tested you some more?? Wondering if something else has gone out of wack like your thyroid? Im on the heparin as a last ditch resort atm, along with aspirin and progesterone pessaries. Really cant comment on what might be wrong, but thinking if the combo got you a successful pregnancy last time, that perhaps there is some other issue they arnt looking at that has come up since your LO was born. Go as long as you can, then go a little bit longer, you will amaze yourself at how strong you can be! Your not alone anymore!:hugs:

:hug: welcome to the boards .. hope you get your precious baby soon xxx

Thanks ladies...well tomorrow should be O day and we have definitely been trying, so here's hoping next month brings us a BFP and a sticky bean! I will keep you all posted. I am so sorry to hear about your losses also girls...I will pray for you ladies! Do you all chart and temp and all that jazz? Good luck WANNAB, wishing you very healthy and happy 9 months!

hope you get your miracle baby really soon hunni, i have only been through mc once and could never imagine having to go through it again so i think you are 1 amazing strong person, good luck xxxxxx

Hi Babydancing....welcome to the boards. So sorry you are going through this. I have also had 5 mc in the last year. I say after each one I cannot go through another and that I will just have to be childless. But somehow, someway, I gather up the strength and plow on. With each consecutive pg I get stronger and more determined to bring our little baby into this world. I want it too much to quit. Until they tell me I cannot have a baby, I will keep trying.
I agree with Wanna. Have they done anymore testing since your daughter was born? So many things can change throughout your life that it sounds like it would be well worth investigating other things.
Fingers crossed you get your sticky bean soon! :hugs:

Hi babydancing, I am so so sorry for your losses I know exactly how you feel, I too have a healthy daughter who is 2 yrs on sunday and since she was one we have tried for a 2nd child in Aug 09 I miscarried at 6 weeks then in Feb 2010 i had a stillborn baby girl then 2 weeks ago found out I had had a MMC at 7 weeks after seeing the heartbeat... we too don't know where to turn i feel like my body is totally letting these babies down so far test have come back with nothing but its just "bad luck"

I don't believe that but part of me hopes thats true, I had a D&C on wednesday after waiting to miscarry naturally which I didn't, they are testing the to see if they can find out why the fetus died, then me and my partner are being tested for chromosones and genetics as he has never been tested before but I have so let see what they say.

I do want to try again but I am petrified loosing Olivia was beyond heartbreaking and that is somthing i never wish to go through again no mother should have go to their childs funeral.

Butttt I desperatley want another baby, always here if you want to talk or pm me xxxxx

Baby dancing - there are so many success stories on these pages it keeps me trying 2mmcs and 2 chems later, often with lots of complications like you! Keep the faith - you will get a miracle and I'm so sorry you've had all your losses along the way - I know how painful each and every one is!

hi hun just wanted to say ive been true the same thing ive lost 5 babys but 4 this year its so hard to cope when u see other people hun i no bec my iser fell pregnant at the same time as me but i mc then an other family member and i lost again its so hard huni but as i keep tellin myself i have 2 little boys aged 4 and 5 hun they keep me going have u gone to your doc hun to get tests done hun are u taken pregnacare conception i find they help me hun there worth a try hun ive to go for tests next week i mc last month 17th but stell havin had my witches back keep your head up huni we wil get are little angels when time is rite i no that seems lik never but it wil be soon xxxx

Hun I have had 5 losses in a year and still trying for number 1 I am not ready to call it a day.

I am still trying and we will get their hun xx

I am so sorry for your losses hun, you must be such a strong person to have to go through all that. I am so glad you have a lovely little girl to give you joy and happiness. Its so unfair that you have had to suffer 5 losses, I feel like a wreck having 1 loss, my heart goes out to you. We all understand your pain on here, it is a good venting system! I really dont have any advice for you its such a personal decision, I would probaby want to keep trying, but you need to ask yourself could you handle going through it all again?
I hope it works out for you, good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->