New Job, New Move....

heather72589

Mommy& newly preggers!!
Reaction score
Hey girls me and DH just started to NTNP for two months now and it has been so fun and exciting so far!! We just got REALLY REALLY great news that my DH has a new job that will start in october and he will be making more than enough income for us to live happily :happydance: He works in construction so after a year of being laid off and not making as much income we are so relieved to hear the news but this new job happens to be 2,000 miles away and we are going to have to move there which means we gotta take a break from baby making until we get settled. Im pretty dissapointed but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason :)

DH said that he doesnt mind still slightly NTNP but being a bit more careful and if it happens it happens... but even better he said that we could seriously TTC in the beggining of next year YAY!! I just wanted to share my news and to wish everyone luck in their NTNP and I will still be on here stalking everyday!! :) Good luck!! :hugs:

Congratulations on your DH's job and good luck with the move. We have just moved house ourselve. It's an exciting time! People say, new house, new baby...........!!! So good luck hun x

sounds like us! we just moved 2,000 miles for my husbands new job after 8 months of unemployment (separating from air force - being offered a dept of defense job) :happydance: we decided to stop birth control in may & see what happens... now that we can afford everything.. and after a year of having this job he'll get bumped up a pay grade :thumbup:

where are you guys moving to & from? we went from Mass to south Texas :winkwink:

I was born and raised in south Texas right in between Austin and Houston, I met my DH there a few years ago while he was working for a construction company, after he was laid off from there we moved to his home state of Louisiana and we have been here for 2 years with a few jobs in between but nothing worth settling for. I started school for a higher degree and I graduate in a year but the construction company that he was working for is now moving to California and we will be living in Las Vegas because it is closest to the job site :)

Im pretty excited because I guess I have always been a gypsy at heart! lol staying in the same place for too long seems boring, I love exploring and seeing the world so im really excited about this oppourtunity. It is just a relaxing feeling to know that we don't have to budget so much and be able to relax and make a baby! lol

How do you like texas?

so far its awesome & we LOVE it here! we're in Corpus Christi & live about 10 min from the beach :happydance: my husband applied to the base in Vegas! but they never called, but at least he got a job offer somewhere WARM! :haha: we had a 5 month stop in Wichita, Kansas... it SUCKED there.. never go there! :nope: it was on average 110 degrees since MAY.. and boringggggg :wacko:

lol, Yea I have been to Corpus Christi quite a few times! It is pretty nice out there! Yea I never would have thought we would bring our little family to Vegas but its only for a year, then we get to visit another part of the U.S. so that why we agreed. I loved Texas so I hope one day we can go back and settle down there. I especially loved San Antonio amoung many other cities. Im like you though the beach is my favorite place to relax! lol

we're hoping to get back up to MA when we're ready to buy a house (but only if he can transfer up there) but I'm NOT looking forward to going back (besides the fact that its home & both families are there) its SUPER expensive and the weather is horrible compared to other places we could live.. it literally rains 20 out of 30 days and it could be 65 one day and get 3ft of snow the next.. I'm liking this predictable weather so far... :haha:

:) the heat is nice-somtimes- My mom told me that the whole state of texas is under a burn ban... we went to visit a few weeks ago and half the interstate was burned from catching fire :S I like louisiana because of the culture and the FOOD is sooooo good, (so good I gained 30 pounds just living here) :haha: but I still love Texas! I understand what you mean about family too, all of my family lives in TX and all of DH family lives here in LA so it makes it hard for me but Vegas might get our mind off it for awhile! lol

Awh congrats on your OH new job, move and deciding when to TTC good luck :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->