New job or just wait ??

Jenren

Reaction score
Hi Girlies

Just been offered an interview for a postion within the xray department in my local hospital NHS.

Just a few things im worries about -

1 - im supposed to be TTC end July (fingers crossed he doesnt change his mind again)

2- I would get full maternity pay with the company im with now as been there 5 yrs. But really hate my job.

3- Would it be safe for mw when ttc and when pregnant to be working in an x-ray department ?

Just so confused and all rests on my partners decision in 2 weeks time, just really hope he doesnt change his mind.

Just needed to get it off my chest - stressing out.

Jen xx

If your focus is TTC, then stay where you have the best benefits. TTC will help you get over hating your job as you know you're working on a plan to get out of there. If you would like to move jobs career-wise, maybe find out how long it would take to build up similar benefits?
I have no idea how being an xray technician would affect your health or fertility. If you wre exposed, that wouldn't be great, but every xray lab I've ever been to has pretty stringent safety precautions in place for the technicians.
How soon do you have to decide?
If it's right away, then tell your partner that circumstances have changed and that he needs to give you his firm answer now so that you can make a decision. That is very fair to ask as his answer affects your choices. As long as you present the request calmly and reasonably, I would think that he would understand why you need him to decide now.
If he does say no, then go for the new job. It will be much nicer to return to a job that you like after you do have baby! :)

Thanks.
The problem is he just says, "why does you changing your job affect us ttc ? It doesnt happen straight away so its up to you".
But never says yes just says we will. Ahhhhhhhhh men.

My focus is on having a baby, always wanted to be a mummy.

As long as you have been working for the NHS for two weeks before you fall pregnant, you will qualify for full maternity pay from the NHS. They also have very good flexible working and parental leave conditions too. As for the x-ray aspects of it - you wont ever be exposed to x-ray as you will always be behind the screen, and you will be fully risk assessed for your role when you get pregnant too xxx

Good luck sweetie, whatever you decide to do xx

You get a very good maternity package from the NHS (though I thought you have to be with them for 3 month before falling pregnant? but that should be easy enough to check for you). So if you hate the job you're in just now, don't stay just for the mat pay. You'll only regret not going for this job later on (if either your TTC took longer than expected anyway or your OH decides he needs another 6 months or maybe later when the kids are grown up and you're stuck in your job). I understand the baby being your priority but I think it's very important that you also try to make yourself happy in your job, because the kids will grow up and you don't want to be stuck doing something you hate then.

Main thing you need to ask yourself is could you cope without getting any maternity pay if you conceived straight away? If yes, then go for the job! If no, then you would need to delay ttc until you were entitled to maternity pay. Look into how long you need to work there until you are entitled to full maternity pay.

If you go to google and type in 'working with xrays while pregnant' the first result that comes up is a 'yahoo answers' question - have a look at that. It shows a response from a radiographer which is quite informative.

The thing is if you are ttc you will need to presumably seek advice from your employee about the rays.

HOpe this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"