New Job- Should I put off TTC?

Baby.Love12

Reaction score
Hello there ladies- quick question: the company I am currently working for is closing its doors so I found a new job and will start in 2 weeks. Everything is good except for the fact that I have been TTC my 3rd for 2 months; do I put it off or continue? I plan on staying at this job very long term so I am a little afraid I will look bad if I get pregnant right away. What do you think?

Probationary period?
They can't sack you on that basis but I'd be worried they'd find "another" reason (if you are on a probationary period) to not give you the permenant job.
If that was me I'd consider waiting until after the 3,6 month test period. Then TTC x

Yes there is a 90 day probationary period and that is a good point so I think I will have to give it a few months.

Another thing is that Texas is an at will state which basically means an employer can fire you for any reason at all and dosent even have to give you a reason.

Don't TTC straight away, you could plan it for just after those days :) it would just be awful if they found something else they could get rid of you for but secretly doing it because you were pregnant. :hugs: xx

Another thing is that Texas is an at will state which basically means an employer can fire you for any reason at all and dosent even have to give you a reason.

Oh really? Sorry in the UK they can't do that as its discrimination.
Isn't that a rule over there?

Yes. I am not sure what they classify as discrimination but they dont have to give you a reason they can just let you go whenever for whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->