New, not a clue, and confused!

opticalillus5

Mummy to two princesses.
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've only just registered and could really do with some advice... It's quite a long story but I don't really know much about TTC and I'm getting so many conflicting stories from the internet!

I'm 25, and when I was 19 I had a MMC. I thought I was 11 weeks, but a scan showed me to be 8 weeks with no heartbeat. As most of you know, it was the most awful experience and still haunts me now. I conceived straight away the next month, and had awful cramping followed by a positive pregnancy test. I began to bleed a week or so later, and was told I was probably going to miscarry again. A scan showed that I had a 52mm cyst on my left ovary, which explained the pain. The doctors said not to worry, and that it would go down if my pregnancy made it through the bleeding. After being petrified for the entire duration of my pregnancy, I'm now sat here with a 4 year old daughter.

Thing is, we have now decided that it is time to try again. My doctors suspected PCOS (because I had loads of hormonal problems about a year after the birth of my daughter - my hair fell out and everything - it was not pleasant) but it was never proven, and my cycle is regular - approx 27 - 29 days every month.

The first day of my last period was 6th december, and we began TTC on the 14th, and bedded every day last week apart from yesterday (sun 27th). from saturday afternoon I have had a persistant cramping, similar to that which I got when I was expecting my daughter. I really don't know much about TTC, but I'm not sure that the dates add up. From what I have found, the cramps seem to have lasted too long to be ovulation cramps, but are too soon to be implantation cramps.

Also there's the worry that it's all in my head, as I really want this and can see myself getting my hopes up again - all the old worry / expectation / paranoia / obsession is coming back. We've only been TTC for a week - surely i'm not that lucky? I've been emotional over the past few days, but I've put it down to the fact that I've just found out (Saturday night) that a close family friend is expecting. I'm so happy for her, but REALLY jealous at the same time. Plus, It piles on the pressure and will undoubtedly add to the dissapointment if anything goes wrong for us (last time, after my MMC, a colleauge at work told me she was expecting twins and it devastated me).

Sorry for the essay ladies - I just don't know many of the abbreviations and i'm going out of my mind!

*hugs*

Hi, I think if I were you I would mention it to my doctor about the cyst and they doc back then suspected pcos .. tell them you are TTC there are test that can be done.

I think since your cycles are so regular though that you do not have it..

do you have any of the symptoms of pcos?

I found a list for you

Few or no menstrual periods. This can range from less than nine menstrual cycles in a year (more than 35 days between cycles) to no menstrual periods.

Some women with PCOS have regular periods but are not ovulating every month. This means that their ovaries are not releasing an egg each month.

Heavy, irregular vaginal bleeding. About 30% of women with PCOS have this symptom

Hair loss from the scalp and hair growth (hirsutism) on the face, chest, back, stomach, thumbs, or toes. About 70% of women in the United States with PCOS complain of these hair problems caused by high androgen levels.

Acne and oily skin, caused by high androgen levels.
Depression or mood swings. Hormonal changes are a known cause of emotional symptoms.

Gradual symptoms
PCOS symptoms that may develop gradually include:

Weight gain or upper body obesity (more around the abdomen than the hips). This is linked to high androgen levels.

Male-pattern baldness or thinning hair (alopecia). This is linked to high androgen levels.

Repeat miscarriages. The cause for this is not known. These miscarriages may be linked to high insulin levels, delayed ovulation, or other problems such as the quality of the egg or how the egg attaches to the uterus.

Inability to become pregnant (infertility). This is because the ovaries are not releasing an egg (not ovulating).

Symptoms of too much insulin (hyperinsulinemia) and insulin resistance, which can include upper body weight gain and skin changes, such as skin tags or dark, velvety skin patches under the arm, on the neck, or in the groin and genital area.

Breathing problems while sleeping (obstructive sleep apnea). This is linked to both obesity and insulin resistance

Pain in the lower abdomen and pelvis (chronic pelvic pain).

best of luck to you.

Hi there hun, I oonly joined this a few weeks ago and so I'm new too.
I have a 7yr old son who was conceived naturally, but following this I was diagnosed with PCOS which I have suffered with for the last 7 yrs. My partner and I have been trying to conceive for 18 months without luck. Last month I had a laparoscopy and ovarian drilling in the hope that this would sort out my hormones.

I started on Clomid last month and I'm now at CD28, and due my AF any time now. :-(. I did ovulate which is great news, but no BFP!!

I'm not sure what the cramps are hun, but I know my mind plays horrible tricks on me!!

Really good luck to you on your journey.
Feel free to chat. x

Hi wanting1more - Thank you so much for your reply.

From that list, the hair thing seems the most apt. When my daughter was approx a year old I had male pattern baldness and acne. I was booked in for a scan, which showed normal, and my hormone levels didn't suggest PCOS either. The cause was never found, they put it down to hormone imbalances / suspected PCOS, but said that it could be these problems which caused my MMC. I also had suspected sleep apnea when I was younger, but that seems to have gone now. My weight is normal, it took me 6 months to conceive my MMC but only one for my daughter. I have struggled with depression in the past - especially Post-natal.

I'm not allowed to go on the pill, because that opens a whole new can of worms - In the past I must have tried every type of pill going and had a different side effect with each one! So I know that my cycles are pretty regular - not sure if I ovulate each month though as i've never looked before - not needed to as we've been really careful with condoms until deciding to TTC.

I'm going to book into my docs now, at least then they can tell me what it actually says on my notes. Thing is, I'm worried that they'll just think i'm being silly and send me away until the new year!

Thank you so much xXx

Hi Teeny Weeny - It's awful isn't it? They won't even give me a proper diagnosis, so i'm not even sure what I'm meant to have wrong with me!

I know exactly what you mean about the mind playing tricks - I can remember it all too well from last time. It's as if you're mind wills you to have symptoms - it's driving me crazy because the more I think about it, the more I feel it and dwell on it!

Best of luck hun, I really hope things work out for you! xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->