New, scared and unsure.

Crawshaw

Expecting First baby!
Reaction score
Hello, its only going to be quick as struggling to keep my eyes focused without crying. I'm Gemma & i've just had my first baby, my baby boy was born yesterday at 24 weeks! Hope to give a better update and join you inspirational premmie mums!

Hi Gemma! Welcome, and congratulations on the birth of your little boy. I have 2 preemies, one born at 28.6 weeks, and the other one born at 35 weeks. The NICU is sometimes a long, and rough journey, but you have to take each day at a time. When your baby has bad days, you'll have a bad day, when he has good days, you'll have a good day. You'll manage somehow, and he'll be home in no time. :hugs:

Hi Gemma,

Welcome and congratulations on your baby boy! I had a little boy at 27 weeks in November. He is now doing really well. Looking forward to hearing how he is doing x

Congrats on your baby! I had twins at 29 weeks and the NICU is hard, but a short time. Once you get that baby home..the NICU time will seem like a short blur!

Hi Hun, hope ur ok and ur little man is doing well.

My little girl was born last yr at 28weeks but small at 1lb 8oz.

It's going to be a long hard road for u so wishing u all the best.

Hello and Welcome, Congratulations on the birth of your little miracle. My little boy was born at 25 weeks and spent 102 days in nicu. It is a rollercoaster and as others have said, you have good days when your little one is and bad days when they are.

All the ladies on here are great and we are all here if you need a rant, advise or just a general chat xxx

Congratulations on the birth of your little boy. How is he doing? How are you?

I had Anya in October 2010, at 23+6, and she is now almost 18months.

Stay strong. Xx

hello and welcome to the best section of bnb! *hugs* the ladie here are amazing so don`t hesitate to ask questions.

My son weighed only 1lb4oz... we were told he wouldn`t make it. Then that he`d be severely handicpped mentally and physically. Then that he`d be in a wheelchair. Then that he had brain damage. fast forward two (Very LONG) years and he`s doing GREAT, no signs of his prematurity whatsoever. In fact he`s ahead a few key areas :happydance:

It really is a long, hard road - but one day at a time, very slowly, it DOES get easier and better. :hugs:

Hi, and congratulations on LO.

I had Sophie at 27 weeks, weighing 1lb 13 and she just turned 2 last month.

NICU is a tough journey but we're all here to support you and answer any questions you might have :hugs:

xxx

Hi Gemma,

Welcome and congrats on your LO, I had my son @ 25 weeks and the NICU is not easy, its incredible difficult. Full of ups and downs it is indeed a real life rollar coaster. Have faith in your LO these premmies are so strong and their wll to survive is amazing. Stay strong sending positive energy your way.

Katy is that Sophie in your avatar?? Wow that`s crazy, she`s grown so much! She's absolutely gorgeous!! How is she doing?

My son is turning two in a few short weeks too. Mind boggling how quickly they`ve changed. Well if you think about it my son now weighs over 15 times his birth weight, how crazy is that haha :wacko:

Congratulations on your birth of your son, Nicu is the best place for him they will look after him for you, Stay strong and remeber to rest where you can .

I had a preemie at 28 weeks weighing 2lb shes now nearlly 2 in june is takes a strong mummy & daddy to go through this journey but like others say once you get them home everything just seems like a blur

Keep us updated hun were all here for you xxxx

Hi Gemma, congratulations and sending you virtual hugs.
How are things going?

Congratulations Gemma, hope your LO is doing well, my DD was born at 27 weeks weighing just under 2lbs, she's now 9 months (6 corrected) and a bundle of fun, rolling over, nearly crawling, babbling away & eating all around her, a pure joy, Take care of yourself, its a tough journey but so worth it in the end

What the hospital staff (at least here) DON'T say e-bloody-nuff to the preemie mums... and yes, I've pulled them up on it... CONGRATULATIONS!

I know what you mean about the shock factor - I'm still reeling and mentally processing the idea Erin came prematurely (but not an early preemie - I got lucky in that regard) - and there's a lot of emotional work to do dealing with the idea that you got hit with that random factor of bad luck... but I do know a lot of preemie mums now from being on neo-natal (albeit briefly) and then on a transition ward... and things do turn a corner, and to use the words of one of the ward staff here - when they do - they turn it blooming fast... plus the staff in neo-natals are generally the nicest ones around the hospital (apart from the doctors at my delivery who called social services because I was scared and freaked out - barstewards!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->