New - single mom to be

Welshcob

Reaction score

Hi All
I am expecting my first baby at a pretty ripe old age. Am really hoping all stays OK. I wanted to join to get some support as I am currently alone in terms of that my BF has walked the moment he found out we were expecting. Despite the fact that he had wanted it, he currently seems to neither want me or the baby. I am trying not to stress about it as its not good for the baby. I am 8 weeks today! Wooo Hoo. I hadn't planned to do this on my own and I hadn't planned that the BF would walk. Hes not once asked how I am nor did he want to come to the scan, he just never replied. I have tried so hard to talk to him and he insisted that I run around after him so made two arrangements for me to go and see him. The first time he cancelled at no notice and the second time I went there he blanked me totally, just like I was invisible and went for a shower. It did make me really angry I have to say, because he was deliberately trying and succeeding in making me feel worthless. He then came down and I tried to begin the conversation by saying that I accept if hes suddenly decided he can't abide me, but I need to know what part he is going to play in the babys upbringing. He stared at me with eyes so full of hate! Where it comes from has no logic. Hes done it before and he is abusive. And he told me to get out - he didn't feel like talking and he would let me know when he felt like it.
So here I am! On my own but I have a couple of wonderful supportive friends. No family close by. I really need as much support as I possibly can. I resolve to just tell Father when next scan is and he has to make his own decisions. But he needs to help me at the very least support this baby. Does anyone know if I can get help from the CSA if he disappears to NZ or OZ? It says on their website that they do help. But when I emailed them it seemed that they only do that if the partner works for a british company. I don't think I could manage without his support. I hoped he would willingly at least do that, but now I have no idea. I really think he hopes baby and I crawl off and die quietly.
Despite all this I am SO UTTERLY happy at baby! I had scan this week and saw beanie with heart beating away! It was just amazing. Praying all hangs on because I so want baby - alone or not!

:hi: Not sure about the CSA stuff and that but good luck x

:hi: welcome and congratulations! bnb is a wonderfully supportive place, i can't answer your questions but please post in the single parents part when i no they give some amazing advice on these matters. anyhoo welcome again :D

Congrats hun! I'm sorry about your situation but the Lord has blessed you tremendously and did this all for a reason. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months. :D

Wishing you good luck for a healthy and happy pregnancy. xxxxx

Hey hun! Single mums are super mums, remember that.. you will definitely find a lot of support on here, and there are a bunch of wonderful single mothers who I'm sure can help answer all your questions.

:hug: Welcome to BabyandBump!!

:hi: Welcome to Baby and Bump!

Wishing you all the best for the future hun x

Welcome and congrats! Keep your head up everything hapens for a reason! Being a single mom isnt a horrible thing! Hope this website gives you tons of support!

Hey welcome to BnB. Im a single mummy too. Good luck with your pregnancy x

Welcome to BnB :hi: us single mums are super mums, we don't need men :D

Hiya

Am new here too, and just wanted to tell you that it can be done. Me and my ex-partner had planned our baby too, but during the pregnancy he became abusive (emotionally and physically) I put up with it until my son was 2mths old before we split. My son has contact with his father but he is still quite unpredictable, and doesn't help out finanicially, but I find strength and power in fact that I support him by myself, and that whatever may happen with his father I'm always there to pick up the pieces. It can be sad, as my son is perfect in my eyes and will neva understand why anyone could let him down, but I just have to accept that thats his fathers responsibility and if he doesn't live up to him its his loss.
Good luck, I wish I had been as strong as you are being now, my ex-partner completely overshadowed my pregnancy, and wish now that I had relished it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->