• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New teeth, lost interest in food. Anyone else?

Cyan

Reaction score
My LO is just coming up 9 months. We started BLW at 6 months and she was a fabulous little eater, graduated very quickly from playing to consuming and seemed to enjoy a huge range of tastes and flavours. Everything was good.

She's a late teether and has only just got her first 2 bottom teeth in. Since they broke through she's been really off her food. She'll half heartledly have a go and is still showing she's hungry, but losing interest really fast. She also seems reluctant to use her new teeth and isn't biting chunks off like she used to.

I'm still BF and she's still putting on weight but I'm concerned about the lack of nutrients now we're closer to 1. Did anyone else's LOs change when teeth arrived? Is it just an adjustment process do you think?

They may be causing her some discomfort. Persevere and offer softer foods for a while.

I've been swapping between really soft and pretty hard and chewy to see if either were helpful, I've yet to spot a pattern. We've had a better day eating wise today so fingers crossed things are set to improve!

LO is exactly the same, she has been off her food for about 7-8 days now, although she has eaten a little more today so I'm hoping we're over it. She has had both her top teeth coming through at the same time so I'm assuming it is because of this. :)

I was about to post a similar post my nearly 8 month old has gone from trying all new foods to only eating banana, yoghurt and bread. No teeth have come though but his gums are really bothering him he is really tugging on materials on his gums hoping they will come through soont

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->