New to B&B and need advice!

AliMarjo

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm so glad to have stumbled upon this site. DH and I have been TTC for about 18 months now, and to no avail. I have been really bummed about it quite frankly. I have been pregnant before, in 2005, and both of those pregnancies unfortunately ended in m/c. Those pregnancies were with a former b/f though, and not with my DH.

I know people keep on saying "Quit trying and just let it happen", but we cannot do such a thing. :!: TMI ALERT: I ALWAYS get an infection everytime my husband ejaculates in me, thus causing an extremely hostile environment for the lil swimmers. Yes, both my husband and I have been treated with antibiotics, and no, he hasn't been cheating on me either, but it comes back everytime...I just have NEVER had this problem with any other man that I have been with in the past. I'm not sure if this is the reason that I haven't been able to conceive, or not.

In May this year I had to have laparascopic (sp?) surgery to remove a large ovarian cyst, and while my doc was in there, she also did a Chromotubation to see if my tubes were blocked. No problems there, and she said that everything looks well inside of me. No other tests have been ran on me nor my DH.

For the past 4 months, we have been using Pre-seed as well as Instead cups...I also keep track of my BBT, but am not 100% sure if I do ovulate each month. My periods are pretty regular ranging from 34-40 days on average. I'm just getting so bummed after trying SOOOO many things for what seems like forever, and I'm just looking for some success stories or a little encouragement. Also, if anyone has any advice on Clomid, such as, success rates, etc, that would be great too. Thanks in advance and be blessed! ~Ali

Welcome to the site!! Hope you get your :bfp: soon! :hug: There is a section for Long term and assisted conception, where you may find some answers, and of course be able to chat with people who have been trying for a long time as well. :hugs:

welcome to the site - hope you enjoy it here :)

Warning: possible TMI below re: infections!

Hi AliMarjo,
I've just joined myself but suppose I can still welcome you!

I'm ttc too, and like you I have conceived in the past, years ago, with a former boyfriend (I had a termination, I was too young & didn't love him). Now I'm wondering how on earth it happened so easily that time (it was the first & only time I ever did it without protection!)

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of infection are you getting? With all the extra s***ging I was getting a recurring yeast infection a while back, and then terrible cystitis. I'm now vigilant about using a special vaginal wash instead of my usual shower gel, and am very careful when I wipe (sorry, tmi, I know).

f

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->