New to Baby and Bump... The big decision...

rainbud

Expecting 1st baby
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My friend who is due anytime now, told me about this site and said she finds it very helpful.

My situation so far. So my Hubby and I are High school Sweet hearts. We have been together 7 years, married almost 2. We love each other very much. We just started discussing having a baby about a month ago. Its defiantly a little scary. We are still young and I know that there are a lot of pros and cons to deciding to add to our family. For the longest time my Husband has been really afraid of having kids. He's great with them but his parents went through a tough divorce when we met and I feel like hes afraid of being a failure as a dad. Just recently he has been coming around and feeling better about having kids. I thought he was kidding at first because he has been so up and down about it for so long. But he does seem to be ready now, although I am wondering how much influence the rest of our friends are having due to most of them having children already or soon. I have started preparing for conception, stopped the pill, started vitamins, talked to the doctor, reading up talking to friends. I am excited about it because I feel that I am ready. I just have one worry, that is I am worried because we are young that if we go ahead and start trying and get pregnant, that my husband might resent me or the baby because of the things he might have to give up or sacrifice(video games, nights out, ect...). He says he's ok with everything, but its just a nagging worry in the back of my mind. We always worry about finances and things like that.
I do feel on the other hand that maybe I am being overly paranoid and nervous, about my hubby and about being prepared for a baby. I guess I am just hoping for the best for my family.
We have talked about trying in August/September. I don't want to talk my self out of it I just want to make sure we are doing the right thing right now. What is everyone's thoughts? any advice?

Hi hun!
Firstly.. men generally take longer than women, for whatever reason, to want to grow up.. so I'm sure you're not alone :)
Also having a baby doesn't mean giving up nights out & video games 100%; it means cutting back, sure.. and less flexibility.. but you can still do the things you can enjoy and have a baby!
Welcome to the site though! I'm sure you'll find others in similar situations!

Thanks, I guess its nice to know I'm not losing my mind. I have been going back and forth lately though. Sometimes my hubby will do or say something and i think "you are totally not ready for this" but then i see him with an other child or hes being sweet and talking about it and then I think maybe he is. I just don't know how to get rid of the doubts because that is all that is stopping me right now. I guess doubts come with everything though. Gosh I remember right before we got married I was like should we be doing this? even though we were together for 5 years. We were young, his family wasn't completely on bored and we were high school sweeties (statistically did not give us a great chance). I think I just worry to much about the future. I don't want to be a crazy parent I wish there was something to calm my fears lol. And I feel like i want to know as much about it before we make a final decision. It is so weird though because I work with kids and I have for a while. But when It comes to my own I feel like we can not handle it, or that it would make everything so different It might hurt our relationship. I'm sure we would get through it, everyone does. I'm just scared.
So much can not be planned or expected with children, But they do bring so much joy, I just wonder because I am not a mom yet what is the cost, am i ready, is my hubby ready and will the good always out way the bad.

LOL sorry for listening to me rant. I think I am digging way to much into this. :?

:hi: Welcome!

I think this is really only a decision that you can make. My DH was very hesitant to begin TTC, he was nervous about the change, becoming a father, money, you name it he was worried about it. I won't say it's been easy but I am glad that we had Hannah when we did :)

Welcome to BnB.

I guess you can only go with your heart. I don't think there's a person out there who feels fear about getting pregnant and the "what ifs" and if you're gonna be a good Mum/Dad. More so in today's climate.

Good luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->