New to IVF - Question on egg quality

coucou11

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is a quick question I'm hoping one of you has experience with. We are just starting our first round of IVF, I had my ER yesterday. They retrieved 18 eggs, 11 were mature, and 10 fertilized (with ICSI).

However, my doctor said the embryologist was concerned about the egg quality because the protein around the egg was "a little dark." She definitely recommends PGS (we were doing it anyway).

Does this mean anything to anyone? Obviously now it's a waiting game to see how many blasts we get... but just thought I would see if anyone had experience in the interim.

Many thanks in advance!

hi coucou11,
Sorry, I have never heard of "little dark" protein surrounding the egg. Did the doctor explain what it could mean or whether s/he has come across it before? Is it a symptom of something specific, does he think?
The egg numbers are great so I would say you have a pretty good chance there will be at least one but probably more that will be of a high quality.
I'm not an expert on egg quality but I am trying to conceive at the age of 40 when it is an issue.
I have been researching it and found there are supplements that can help improve eggs in case it is an issue for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->