New to natural

Bumbled Bee

Reaction score
Hi all. I have all the gear ready and waiting (cloth nappies, wrap etc) but feel my boy is a little to tiny to start using them. Anyone use the cloth nappies from birth? I have totbots ones but they seem so big! DS isn't even 7lbs yet and is already two weeks old.

Also, i've used the wrap a few times. He doesn't seem to mind it at all, but I'm struggling to know how to dress him when he's in it. When we're outside, he wears a vest, a sleepsuit and a jacket and seems warm enough. When I wear him inside, he seems to get quite warm. What does everyone else dress newborns in when in slings or wraps?

I know some ladies have used some cloths from birth...but I had BG AIO One Size and she didn't fit in them for a few weeks.

Leyla was a quite big when born so I can't help with the nappies, sorry. There are quite few ladies here who used cloth from birth though.

When I wear Leyla outside, I tend to put one less layer than I would normally have on her if she was outside. I try to have the same layers as normal on her legs as they stick out of our babyhawk, but that depends on the sling. I like to have a hat on her, but less layers than normal on her body as we both get very sweaty. :blush: If I'm not sure what to put her in, I put a cardigan on her that's really stretchy and is easy to take off her without getting her out. I don't wear her much when inside, but I used to go for one less layer on her body, so I'd probably have her in a vest with some tights or babylegs, but no sleep suit.

If you're going out, you can always take a spare blanket and wrap it round him if he gets chilly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->