New to NTNP, first month

Lily flower

Reaction score
Hi all,
(possible TMI)
So I'm new to this NTNP thing. We have a 3 year old already, and my husband has been saying for the longest time that she needs a sibling, but I was just not into it. Well we talked about it for some time and agreed to not try, yet not prevent. In my mind Ill probably get pregnant the first month. I have a bit of anxiety about having another child (I worry about everything). Ive just finished my period, I would say I'm cycle day 6?. 2 nights ago we were going to have unprotected sex but I "chicken out", and we used a condom (even though I know I was too early in my cycle for anything to happen). Well last night we had unprotected sex so I guess we are officially not trying yet not preventing! or all you not trying, yet not preventing, when do you test? after your period is late? or do you get excited/anxious and test early?

Also, how do you remain NTNP instead of trying. I have an app, which I use to monitor my periods but it also conveniently shows days I could be fertile. I think ill have a hard time not monitoring my CM since I know my body so well.

This is my second month off of the pill. I consider myself to be NTNP because we are not planning when we have sex. We just do it whenever not thinking about if I'm fertile or not, but I have started charting my temp/cm/cervix position. I just want to get to know my body and my cycle.

We are just leaving things up to God. I really believe that if it is the right time for me then it will happen and if it is not the right time, then I just have to accept that and be patient. I would love to get pregnant though :).

hey rw7y,

I got pregnant my first month off the pill with our first. I heard that in your first few months off the pill you have more of a chance, plus more of a chance of multiples! :oneofeach: You never know!
I just don't know what to expect as I got pregnant so quickly with our first, Ill probably be pretty shocked/disappointed if it doesn't happen right away with this one, even though I know the odds are only about 20% each month.

:hugs2: That made me feel more hopeful for this month :)

I actually haven't been very hopeful for this month...but today DH my husband actually asked me how things were going, which he doesn't usually. He said he has a feeling :wohoo: I hope he is right :)

:dust:
^ for you! :)

I have a daughter who's almost 3, i'm all up for actual ttc and like you can see on my app when i'm fertile! I think the ntnp term is more for my husband who doesn't want to set it all in stone like last time when we planned it all out and job done first time! But tbh after you've done it minus contraception that's a physical contract in itself ;) lol

My daughter's always been pretty high needs and up until recently i almost convinced myself i may settle with the one.. That is until my friend got pregnant, now i can't do it quick enough! Lol. So broody! Do you think you will ttc now? I bought ovulation tests.. If i'm feeling it i'll seduce him when the time is right! Haha. Might not get away with it every other night though compared to our usual once a month :/ lol

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->