New to NTNP, hello!

ams23

NTNP
Reaction score
Hi!

I am a relative newbie, so just wanted to introduce myself :) I've posted in WTT a few times, but I stopped taking the pill 2 weeks ago so I suppose we are NTNP now. Eek!

For some background I'm 25 next month. No children yet. Me and hubby have been married 17 months, together 6 and a half years, and own a lovely house with a little spare room just ready for a baba! We both work full-time, and hubby has been in the same job nearly 4 years. We have both been very broody since we got married. The only thing stopping us from properly TTC is because I only started my current job in July. In an ideal world I'd like to have worked there a full year before making any happy announcements! So ideally to get pregnant any time from April onwards :)

If we got pregnant a bit earlier we would be over the moon :D but the sensible side of me is saying that my job would hopefully be more secure if we wait til next summer. I know they aren't meant to discriminate against pregnant women, but sometimes it's not that easy to prove is it? So NTNP seems like a happy medium...at least I feel like it is in the hands of fate now, so whatever will be will be!

We are supposed to be using the pull-out-and-pray method, lol. Although to be honest we haven't been very good at it so far and have missed pulling out a couple of times already, oops :o So we may have to re-think this method! I used to have fairly long 5-week (or even 6-week) cycles before going on the pill, so I'm working on the vague assumption that since I came off the pill 2 weeks ago, ovulation is likely be at the end of next week. So we should be okay so far, but next week we have resolved to be a lot more careful.

I suppose we are just trying to lower our chances a bit, rather than prevent completely! We are both fully aware that it's a dodgy method of contraception and an extremely vague guess at ovulation dates. However any surprise would be an extremely happy one, and at least this way I could truthfully tell my boss 'oh, it was a bit of a surprise!' if and when we have to make any happy baby announcements :D

Looking forward to chatting with other people in the same boat!

Hello!!

Just wanted to say Hi. I also have just moved over from WTT to here & like you am not totally keen on getting preggers straight away but won't be trying to prevent either. I have two boys, aged almost 4 (early Jan) and the other has just turned 1. We would quite like 3 and at my age, 34, we don't really want to wait too long so here we are playing russian roulette with a willy :blush:

Maybe you guys are more up for having a baby now than you thought, if you are struggling with your current method of pull out, ha ha!! There is nothing better in the world so just go with it!!

I think its a great idea that you have come off the pill now as when I was trying for DS2 my cycles took ages to get back to normal, about 7/8 months and I was getting very stressed. Least this way your body can right itself but be warned that the first cycle off the pill can the most potent. Some fertility Drs use it as a treatment for some patients, I think its something to do with stronger ovulation, I maybe wrong but Im sure I read about it awhile ago.

Good luck!

Hey guys, I am also new here, my fiance and i have come to the conclusion: what ever happens, happens. which is rather exciting. He just started a new job and we are going to be moving in a few months and everything is starting to fall into place. :) Well we started useing the pullout method a few months ago, but figured we should just go for it so we arn't doing that anymore either. Were just trying not to stress out about it and let come what may. Its very nice to meet you guys, i am looking forward to using this site.

Welcome :flower: to NTNP ams23 and Mira Rose

Hi ams and mira! My fiance and I are in the same boat.... Using the pull out method . But like you said sometimes it just doesn't get pulled out lol

Thank you guys for the warm welcomes :) I think its more fun when it doesn't get pulled out because i dont track my days so that way i dont feel stressed about it :)

Aw thankyou all for the lovely welcomes! :D It's so nice to meet people in the same boat. All my friends are total career girls and none of them have kids yet (I think a couple of them are quite broody but not really in the position to ttc for a couple of years yet). So it's lovely to talk to people in the same mindset!

Laummatt - I've heard that about the first month off the pill being the most fertile too, lol. I wonder why? Aww, it would be so lovely to get preg the first month! (that is the broody side of me talking... the sensible side of me is saying 'stop thinking like that, that isn't meant to be the plan' lol :p ) That did make me laugh 'russian roulette with a willy' pmsl! Your kiddies are such cute ages, I hope you get a bfp soon so they can have a little brother or sister :) I want 3 too, its a lovely number!

MiraRose - welcome to you too and nice to meet you!

Helloooo!
I quite like the idea of the surprise element rather then charting etc, I think it could
Maybe take the fun out of trying. I think I'd become a little obsessed after a while, plus i wouldn't want my other half to feel pressured too.
I'm only on my first month too so we are a newbies to this! X

Helloooo!
I quite like the idea of the surprise element rather then charting etc, I think it could
Maybe take the fun out of trying. I think I'd become a little obsessed after a while, plus i wouldn't want my other half to feel pressured too.
I'm only on my first month too so we are a newbies to this! X

I think this too :D I think all that charting and OPK stuff would make it a bit too stressful for us, I am a worrier at the best of times so I prefer to just see what happens for the first few months! I may change my mind if we go quite a few months with nothing happening, but we shall see! Good luck hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->