New to OPKs...

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
Actually I've never used OPKs before at all. We are getting ready to start TTC our third and attempting to sway pink.

Unfortunately temping is next to impossible for me since I'm still getting up with ds2 in the night, though I do have a BBT. How do I know when to start doing the OPKs? I always have ovulation symptoms, but by then will it be too late to start? :shrug:

What kind of OPKs would you recommend? Wondfo?

Thank you!

I tend to ov around cd13 so start opks on cd10 as I od on cd12 once! As I get closer I'll do x2 opks a day, normally at 10am and another around 6pm. I always get my blazing + (normally o day) in the morning but I know some people get it on an evening. Also you can ov a couple of days after a + everyone's different. I use one step opks, but I know a lot of US ladies like the wondfos.

Thank you! Wow, I am intimidated by these, do you need to do them for a few cycles before starting?

As you use them, you start to notice your patterns: how long you surge, what time of day you surge, and (if you temped) how long after the surge you O. Most women on here like wondfo as mentioned. I use CVS's brand and CB advanced digital. My O is anywhere from CD 12-16 typically, so I usually start around CD 9ish. I test once a day (fmu) until I get a high reading (estrogen surge), then I up it to testing 3x a day. The only problem is starting too early with the CBAD will really mess you up and you get too many flashing days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->