*+*+* New to Ovulation testing.. need nice good advice please :)

liverpoolbaby

Reaction score
Hi Girls!
Hope your all ok:flower:

Some of you may have followed my 3 dramatic emotional rollacoaster recent month and a half others may not ..

Im starting fresh this month and i have purchased OVU kits which for some weird reason im all giddy about:happydance::blush:

Please can someone tell me how they exactly work, i wasnt given any intructions what so ever..
Here is my 11am test and 6pm test, i see faint lines.

When exactly do i need to be :sex:

as soon as i see colour? like now until its completly disapeared? or as soon as i see a strong line that matches or darker?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease advise me girls:hugs:

Attachments

• IMG02095-20110704-1851.jpg
    IMG02095-20110704-1851.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 24
Mine have said that it is a positive opk when the line is as dark or darker than the control line.

I have been using the cheapies in conjunction with a ClearBlue Digi Ov test. The day I got a smiley on the digi, the line on my cheapie wasnt as dark as the control so I am a little confused too. Just DTD anyway (and the days after too) trying to be sure!

Good luck this cycle!

Mine have said that it is a positive opk when the line is as dark or darker than the control line.

I have been using the cheapies in conjunction with a ClearBlue Digi Ov test. The day I got a smiley on the digi, the line on my cheapie wasnt as dark as the control so I am a little confused too. Just DTD anyway (and the days after too) trying to be sure!

Good luck this cycle!

I am now very careful of cheapies, I will consider getting a more expensive stick at hand, just to double check things.

I have 2 different types of ebay OPK, the more expensive pee on a stick type and the dip in the urine type I see mostly on this site. This is the last time I am getting the very cheap one (dip stick) as I think it can be confusing.

I have a persona, which is a natural contaction type stick that detects LH surge so you can use this essentially while trying to conceive.
I did 2 test today, both positive on persona and the expensive pee on stick opk, but I did not get as dark as control line with the very cheap one.
If I had this alone, it may have made me believe I was not ovulating.

I have always used the pee on the stick type along with my persona and get LH surge usually on day 17, while it is more expensive I will stick to the pee on the stick version on ebay.

I will also suggest not sticking with opk alone, if you have not start charting please start, there are other features you can check for ovulation. BBT, cervical mucus, cervical position and consistency.

I have been having fertile cervical mucus, and soft, high cervix since day 14. This really does help as even if I do not have a positive OPK, that alone can help give you an idea of when you are likely to ovulate.

HTH

I was going to try charting but not sure how too?
Im always roasting hot in the mornings when i wake up,
Esp this morning, the heat made me feel sick in the stomach.
What do i need to start?

Im going to post my 2pm urine test later this afternoon, see what you all think of my result.
:flower:

What Cycle day are you? How long is your cycle usually?

It's normal to always see a faint second line on the OPK. OPKs detect LH in your urine and most women have some amount of LH all the time.

As you are getting closer to ovulation the test line will start getting brighter. The test is considered positive when both lines are the same colour or the test line is darker than the control.

I know they are only IC tests but there's no point doing them twice a day until the line starts getting darker. Do them once a day to beging with and then when the line starts getting darker switch to doing them tice a day.

Usually they say that it;s best to test in the afternoon because LH only develops in the afternoon. I get strong positived first thing in the morning so from personal experience they work for me any time of day.
The most important thing is that you wee has to be really strong - so don't drink/pee for at least 3 hours before testing in the afternoon.

It will take you a couple of months to get used to them. But they are great at pinpointing your ovulation!

What Cycle day are you? How long is your cycle usually?

It's normal to always see a faint second line on the OPK. OPKs detect LH in your urine and most women have some amount of LH all the time.

As you are getting closer to ovulation the test line will start getting brighter. The test is considered positive when both lines are the same colour or the test line is darker than the control.

I know they are only IC tests but there's no point doing them twice a day until the line starts getting darker. Do them once a day to beging with and then when the line starts getting darker switch to doing them tice a day.

Usually they say that it;s best to test in the afternoon because LH only develops in the afternoon. I get strong positived first thing in the morning so from personal experience they work for me any time of day.
The most important thing is that you wee has to be really strong - so don't drink/pee for at least 3 hours before testing in the afternoon.

It will take you a couple of months to get used to them. But they are great at pinpointing your ovulation!

The situation is this.. sorry to bore you now..:dohh:

Every month i am due AF on the 6th or 7th without fail and normally bleed 4-5days max.

On the 2nd of June i had a very light bleed lasted 2days & assumed it was IB because of the colour/length and with it being a week early as well as my AF didnt show either on the 6th/7th.

I got x2 very faint +ive results one @ home & one @ the Drs.. and neg bloods.

On the 25th of June again i had a very light bleed exactly the same colour/length as @ the beginning of the month.

To my conclusion i either had evap tests or i m/c i do not know, but i did another hpt yday and it was :bfn:

So ive started a fresh and im crossing it off as no pregnancy.
This month i am using OPK which i am new too, because of my 2 light bleeds i am now unsure of how long my cycles are now they are messed up so im unsure :wacko: Hopefully these kits will help me. :flower:

I POAS, a really cheap one fromt he dollar store, and the line was faint the same time I tested with my clearblue fertility monitor which got a peak reading. I think the cheap ones are crappy because I have never seen a dark line on them, ever. So yes, I would start BD'ing as soon as you see the faint lines.

lots of :dust: your way.

Does this look positive or getting ther to anyone else??
its my 1st 2nd line ive seen! since ive started testing :flower:

2nd Picture after 3mins

Attachments

• IMG02120-20110707-1605.jpg
    IMG02120-20110707-1605.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG02122-20110707-1630.jpg
    IMG02122-20110707-1630.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 11
looks like ovulation is nearly here:winkwink:
you could take another test after few hours
and it's time for BD

I couldnt BD yday because i was doing a 12hr work shift so i didnt see my OH.

But i did BD on fris,sat,sund, tues and weds .. and again tonight sat and sunday, so ive got most days covered havent i ? :nope:

Im going to test aging this afternoon @2pm.

what does everyone else think?
xx

When i tested again on Friday just gone and it was fainter so i must have missed O :( i did BD fri,Sat,Sund, missed Mond then BD again tues and weds, missed thurs(which im guessing was O day :growlmad:) and BD agen fri, sat and yday.

Hope i got most of my fertile window covered :dust:

what does everyone think??
xx

So here's my OPK tests i thought i would show you all and when i :sex:

So here it goes

Fri 1st July :sex:

Sat 2nd July :sex:

Sun 3rd July :sex:

Mon 4th July - No BD (Started using OPK got a faint straight away)

Tues 5th July :sex: (OPK - Little bt darker)

Weds 6th July :sex:

Thurs 7th July - No BD << (Darkest OPK) hopefully its still covered as i did BD days before and after, and your ment to BD 12-24hrs after result so fx'd!

Frid 8th July :sex:

Sat 9th July :sex:

Sun 10th July :sex:

Mon 11th July - No BD (Neg OPK)

Tues 12th July - No BD (Neg OPK)

Attachments

• IMG02145-20110712-1919.jpg
    IMG02145-20110712-1919.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.