New to site

Aebutton

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm 41 years old and trying to conceive my 3rd child. I naturally conceived my first two kids, but since trying to conceive at 38, I've had 6 miscarriages.

My work up is normal, normal FSH and I had the test to determine if my tubes are open and they are.

We are seeing an RE now and just did our first IUI. My husband's count is very low at 1.5 million per ml. Washed. He has good motility. I'm wondering if it would be to our advantage, to up our chances of fertilization, to try and use doner sperm with another IUI? I haven't talked to my husband or my doctor about doner sperm.

I responded well to the meds and had 6 good size follicles this IUI, but did not fall pregnant. when the doctor saw my husbands sperm count he lowered our odds from 30% to 10% which was very disheartening since I went into the procedure very optimistic with the 6 follicles.

I do see and acupuncturist and Take the recommended suppliments and herbs. I have recently started my husband on the fertilaid for men and the count boost too. It will take at least a couple of months before we see results from that I suspect.

I don't feel that IVF is an option for us because of the expense and also because the stats are so low in women over 40. Something like 5% unless using doner eggs. I feel like our stats are better with IUI at this point and at $650 pert try it's a much more affordable option for us.

Any thoughts?

No real advice as I'm still relatively early in my TTC journey but just wanted to wish you lots of luck :flower:

Hi hun,
welcome to BnB.
Sorry I cant be of any help. I have only just started seeing a FS after trying for only 8 months for our first baba.
FXed you get your BFP soon
GL on your journey

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back