New To Temping ~ Need help! So confused

SBBaby

Reaction score
Hi!

I've never temped before. This is my first month. I got a pos OPK Saturday and EWCM Saturday - Monday but no temp rise! Do any of you ever take your temp twice? I did this morning on either side of my tongue and they were 96.80 vs 96.93. Not a huge difference but still... ugh! I'll put the link to my chart in here in case anyone has any help. I guess it just means I haven't ovulated yet? Poor DH and I are exhausted from this constant BD'ing while I wait until ovulation is confirmed! hah! My chart looks kinda wonky to me. So confused.

Thanks so much in advance.:shrug:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5aba82
~SBB

I'm brand new to this to so someone correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've learnt you are supposed to take your temp directly in the middle of the underneath of your tongue. Not sure if it would help at all. I'm also not able to see your chart. The link just takes me to the sign in page.

Thank you Yourstruly! I hadn't heard exact rules for where to put the thermometer so that does help! Here is a link that should work for my chart. So sorry - new to this ! :)https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5aba82

Taking your temperature orally can be off sometimes especially if you breathe with your mouth open at times. Some women take vaginal temperature for accuracy. You're supposed to check your temp first thing in the morn before eating, talking, getting out of bed. I can't see your chart :shrug:

Yes, I have been doing that Ela31. Thank you! I fixed the chart link it should work now :)

You can have Ewcm for a good few days before ovulation and also some womens temperatures don't rise straight after ovulation. Sometimes it can take a few days.

I see it now, it doesn't look like u have ovulated yet. In saying that u may have n your temp hasn't risen yet or u might do over the next day or two.

Hi!

I've never temped before. This is my first month. I got a pos OPK Saturday and EWCM Saturday - Monday but no temp rise! Do any of you ever take your temp twice? I did this morning on either side of my tongue and they were 96.80 vs 96.93. Not a huge difference but still... ugh! I'll put the link to my chart in here in case anyone has any help. I guess it just means I haven't ovulated yet? Poor DH and I are exhausted from this constant BD'ing while I wait until ovulation is confirmed! hah! My chart looks kinda wonky to me. So confused.

Thanks so much in advance.:shrug:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5aba82
~SBB

If these temps are accurate, you definitely have not ovulated yet. You should only record the first temp before you do anything - right when you wake up, without moving around or getting up. And at the same time give or take a few mins every day. Are you doing this, and after a solid night's sleep?

Oh, also OPKs tell you if your body is gearing up to O, but not IF you actually did. So, you should see a significant temp rise within a few days of a +, if not, you most definitely didn't O yet and should keep testing and temping until you do. You can also fail to ovulate some cycles, or if you have PCOS, so it's good to keep a chart going so you can see your cycle patterns :) And yeah... the BDing can get a bit tiresome when it's planned. Every other day is fine, but of course if you think it's O day, get on it ;)

Thank you so much Starry June. Yes, I am temping before talking, moving, etc at approximately the same time every day after a solid night's sleep. I thought I was ovulating Saturday and here I am Tuesday with no temp rise still. Hopefully tomorrow morning it rises! In the meantime, just in case, I'll jump on poor DH again tonight:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->