New to the forum and pregnant for the first time

Sekhmet

First-time mum
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to say hello!

Hubby and I have been trying to conceive for the last few months. On Tuesday, when I got home from work, I noticed that my breasts were feeling tender - that's quite unusual for me, as I don't usually get breast tenderness even during my periods. I wasn't aware of being late (hadn't been tracking my cycle closely) or any other symptoms, and I hadn't taken any pregnancy tests before, but on a whim I thought I'd take one... I really and truly did NOT expect to see this!

https://erronis.net/misc/DSC_3022.JPG

Tesco's promises of 99% accuracy aside, I had a really hard time believing it. I've never been pregnant before... I guess it's the shock of realizing you really can get pregnant. So this morning I took another test, Clear Blue this time, and it corroborated the first with a big fat blue plus sign... I guess this is for real!

This might sound strange to a lot of you ladies, but before this I was sort of ambivalent about the whole baby thing. It was always hubby who really, really wanted a baby. But when I saw that first test result, I felt this huge surge of joy (followed shortly by a wave of terror ;) ). I'm feeling on top of the world. Scared sometimes, but mostly ecstatic, over the moon. I can't stop smiling.

A bit about me... I turn 32 tomorrow. (Seems like that BFP was a joint Mother's Day / birthday gift. :) ) Hubby and I are American expats living in Scotland. We came to the UK with my employer; I work full-time. I'm technically a US employee, and I'm awaiting the final word from HR but I think I will have to abide by my company's US maternity leave policy rather than the UK policy - 3 months vs 1 year. Sigh!

I'm really looking forward to chatting with everyone here. I hacave TONS of questions already.

Sekhmet

:hugs:welcome and congratulations on being blessed with pregnancy:happydance:

:hi: Welcome to Baby and Bump & Congratulations!! x

hello and welcome to the forum the people on here re all very nice and very very helpfull you will love being here congratulations to you both

Hello and a big welcome! What a great post!
I'm new myself too - I've been on the forum a few days and also new to pregnancy! I'm 5 and a half weeks and only found out on Sunday! I am also shocked! Hope we get to chat lots!

Thank you all!! :hugs:

New2Bumps, sounds like we're in the same boat. :) I look forward to chatting with you and sharing the journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->