New to this side of the boards, absolutely terrified!

lovenoel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since August, when I stopped the pill. I have long, irregular cycles, so I figured this could be a long and trying process. I had one cycle after coming off the pill..I ovulated CD30 and then got a period 15 days later. The next cycle is the current one...I got a + opk CD21 (December 8th) and FF gave me my crosshairs CD22. I had a temp rise CD23 and have maintained higher temps for 9 days since ovulating.

Imagine my surprise when I used a wondfo test yesterday AM and got a (VERY) faint line. I really was not expecting anything as I've always read that 8dpo is much to early to test. My period is not due for 6-7 more days! I ended up using about 6 more wondfo tests, all with very faint lines. Finally I broke out a first response and got a very faint line there as well.

This morning I used a wondfo and a first response - the wondfo appeared very very faint (almost the same as yesterday) but the first response was darker than yesterday's.

I am so nervous! I'm scared that this is a chemical pregnancy and that I'll get my period when it's due...I'm scared that it was so early for a positive result...did implantation happen? Did it happen in the right place? When do I call a doctor? So many questions!!

Anyway, thanks for reading this if you took the time to. :)

Congratulations! :) I know it may seem too good to be true, but think positive and celebrate!
I got my BFP 4 days before AF was due, and the line was very dark. If I would have tested 5 or 6 days before it was due it'd probably be light like yours.

Thank you so much for your reply!

I'm in disbelief and feel very anxious... I did call to make a doctor's appt and I was told the soonest they see patients is when they are 8 weeks along. I asked about scans and was told they don't do them until 18 weeks! Is this normal? I thought many people get them done at around 8??

Congrats!! I found out this time at 8dpo and bean is sticking!x

Where do you live im in united states and my doc does first scan at 8 weeks

It depends on the doctors office.I think some or most offices do scans at 8 weeks for a dating scan,12 weeks and then I don't know what else lol. Also I would think they would want you to come in and confirm pregnancy either by urine our blood and then set up your first appt. Maybe call a different office? See if they have a different procedure. Congrats on your BFP! Stay positive and celebrate! :) early bfps are just early bfps they don't mean anything bad :)

thank you everyone!

I did call another office that said they make the first appointment for 8 weeks and also do an 8 week dating scan. I don't know what to do as I'm new to the area so I don't have a regular GYN. Would it be worth it to drive 20 mins vs 5 minutes to go to a doctor that will do a scan sooner??

Congrats first of all and welcome! If it was me I'd want to have a couple of hcg levels done straight away for piece of mind so I'd know if they were rising appropriately which is a great sign of a healthy pregnancy.

As far as a scan I'd probably get one somewhere 6 1/2 weeks to 7 1/2 weeks as there would be something to see at that point and probably a heartbeat. My sister's office won't see patients for a scan until 12 weeks but my RE's office will do a scan whenever a patient request (of course it will probably cost unless there's a medical reason for it as insurance won't often cover it otherwise!)

Wishing you a h&h 9 months and happy holidays!:xmas6:

Thank you so much!

I did a little more calling around and found a practice about 15 minutes away that will check my levels and then book a scan once hcg is above 2,000. Then they do another scan at 18 weeks. So I think I may go with this office - I decided to wait until next week (after Christmas) to go in to check the levels since I haven't even missed my period yet. :)

Well, I got a + on a Clear blue digital today...it said "Pregnant 1-2 weeks". I'll try another in a week to see if it says 2-3 then.

I'm planning to go in on December 30th to get my levels tested since by then I will have missed a period. Hopefully everything goes well.

I feel totally normal except for some really weird cramping/pulling/pinching. I also took a sip of water today that tasted disgusting but my husband couldn't taste anything wrong with it. Weird!

Boobs feel the same, everything else feels the same...except I don't really feel like eating anything. Maybe I'm making it all up in my head!

Well, I got a + on a Clear blue digital today...it said "Pregnant 1-2 weeks". I'll try another in a week to see if it says 2-3 then.

I'm planning to go in on December 30th to get my levels tested since by then I will have missed a period. Hopefully everything goes well.

I feel totally normal except for some really weird cramping/pulling/pinching. I also took a sip of water today that tasted disgusting but my husband couldn't taste anything wrong with it. Weird!

Boobs feel the same, everything else feels the same...except I don't really feel like eating anything. Maybe I'm making it all up in my head!

Oooh yeah the water thing got me for a while. I had to start squeezing lemon in it just to be able to drink it but the lemon helped with my ms too so that was good. Hope your levels come back good at the end of the month and you can ring in the new year confident about your nugget!:dance:

Congrats and welcome!

Just a heads up, the Clearblue digi will tell you 3+ weeks when you are over 2000. I had my beta tested at 14 dpo and 16 dpo and the numbers were 210 and 629. So I probably won't hit 2000 until Friday, which will make me exactly 5 weeks along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->