new with lots of questions!

Trotting_Pine

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I found out 2 weeks ago that I was 8 and a half weeks pregnant. I was travelling at the time so that is why it took me a while to figure it out! I also had 20 days of spotting 3 days after (what I now know was) conception. I thought this was an odd period, again down to the travelling. This has got me a bit worried. But I have had none since.
I came clean to my doctors in the Midlands that I was in the process of moving to London. So they wouldn't make an appointment for me to see a midwife up there as they said it would be best to wait till I was registered in London for some continuity. I moved to London on Sunday. The waterworks secured me an appointment with my new doctor in Ealing yesterday despite not having proof of address (thank you kind lady at docs!!!) The doctor told me she has made my antenatal referral and that I would have to wait 7 working days even for a decision on where I have been accepted for maternity care. That will make me 11 and a half weeks before I even get to make a midwife appointment. So the question is shall I go for a private scan at a clinic to set my mind at rest with that early spotting or shall I hang tight and wait for the NHS to come through? I'm also dying to tell people but want to wait till I see it all on a scan so it feels real. But I might have to wait weeks for my first NHS appointment. Any advice on this would really help as it's hard moving to a new area whilst pregnant. I don't know anything!
Trotting_Pine

Hi, I'm sorry I cant help but just want to welcome you to BnB and wish you a happy and healthy 9 months. I'd say go for a private scan if you can afford it they are amazing. Hopefully it wont take too long to see a midwife. xxx

Id do what you thinks right, if you think a private scan would help but your mind at rest id say go for it. Welcome to bnb:hi:

Hi and welcome to the forum. Im sure the spotting was nothing to worry about - I had some spotting in early pregnancy.
Its usual practice not to see a midwife until around 11 - 12 weeks and they would usually only give you an early scan if there were early complications. If you're still worried though please do try and get an early scan :hugs:

Welcome!
I would push for them to do things sooner!

Welcome To BnB!

Hope You Enjoy Your Stay! :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back