*~*New Year, New You! Let's Get In Shape, TOGETHER!*~*

stuckinoki

2 Sticks A Butter Ya'll
Reaction score
Hey ladies! It's a brand new year! What better time than the present to get into the best shape of your life, or...just work off those Holiday snacks! Join us and let's get serious about weight loss and building muscles while burning fat.

This thread is meant to be a support system for EVERYONE who wants to get in shape or needs a little bit of motivation to get started!

There is NO JUDGEMENT HERE. We are all here to help each other, ask questions and give/receive motivation!

Sharing your progress pictures is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL [though you will probably have to suffer through my awful before pictures!!]

If you'd like to get started and track your measurements [which I highly recommend as during the first 12 weeks it's SO much easier to see progress in inches rather than the scale!]

You'll need a soft measuring tape or a piece of string and a regular tape measure.

Fill out this form below and paste with your reply so I can add you to the group!

Name *optional* [Screen name]
Starting Weight: ***
Current Weight:
Goal Weight: ***
Chest - **
Waist - **
Hips - **
Thighs - **
Arms - **

We will weigh in and measure each week and I'll keep your progress updated with lbs and inches lost! There is no better time to start than right now!

Let's GO ladies! We CAN do this!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***[Katybug]
Starting Weight: 190
Current Weight:
Goal Weight: 160lbs

Nicole [StuckInOki]
Starting Weight: 171
Current Weight:168
Goal Weight: 135lbs
Chest - 41"
Waist - 39"
Hips - 41.5"
Thighs - 25"
Arms - 11.5"

WHAT'S NEXT???

The next step is to calculate your BMR [basal metabolic rate]. This is how many calories you would burn each day if you did nothing but lay in bed.

Calculate it here: Calculate Your BMR! [Click Here.] This number is important if you're going to start restricting calories to lose weight.
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

After you calculate your BMR, use the Harris Benedict Equation to figure out how many calories it will take for you to maintain your current weight at this very second.

Harris Benedict Formula

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

1lb = 3500 calories
[whether it's fat or muscle]

Check this chart out as well, it is a weight/height/BMI range chart, shows you the broad spectrum of weight for height, also, if you haven't already...you should calculate your BMI [body mass index] Calculate Your BMI! [click here.]

https://i40.tinypic.com/2ret9w8.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR EXAMPLE:
Using the link I found that my BMR is 1578.85, I exercise 6-7 days a week so the Harris Benedict Equation says: BMR x 1.725
So
1578.85 x 1.725 = 2,724 calories per day that I should be taking in to MAINTAIN my current weight.

But...since I want to LOSE weight, I need to restrict some extra calories [1000 daily since I'd like to lose 2lbs per week]

So the end equation looks like this:
1578.85 [BMR] x 1.725 [Harris Benedict Equation] = 2,724 [Calories Per Day] - 1000 [Calories] = 1,724 [CALORIES A DAY TO LOSE 2lbs PER WEEK]

1lb of fat or muscle is 3,500 calories
In order to lose:
1lb per week : restict 500 calories per day or 500 calories burnt through exercise per day
2lb per week : 1000 calories per day or 1000 calories burnt through exercise per day

You shouldn't try to lose more than 2lbs per week, 2lbs is healthy, anything above that and it will not only screw with your metabolism and BMR, but you could end up losing weight faster than your skin shrinks, leading to "skinny-fat"

The goal is to change your eating habits and turn the fat into muscle!

Here are my starting pictures. I am NOT proud of how far I've let myself go. This stops NOW. I WILL get back in shape. I WILL make better eating choices. I WILL be healthy.

https://i40.tinypic.com/2cy48yg.jpg

I'll do it! I need to weigh myself and measure. I'm kind of scared to see what damage I did over the holidays...I last did all my stats on 12/2. I actually started all this in August of 2012 so on a slow journey since then I'm down 20 lbs so have less than 10 to go. I started at 164lbs and I'll drag up my start photos on my laptop and plug all my numbers into the formulas when I get some time. I've gotten REALLY bad with my eating. Thanks for giving all the formulas!!!!

Starting Weight: 190
Current Weight:
Goal Weight: 160

Let's do this! How have you been doing on it so far?

I'm burning 1200 calories on the treadmill in the AM, and taking a weight class at night, I'm also restricting 1000 calories a day :)

The only plalce I've seen much of a difference is my measurements so far, but that will change in a few weeks and hopefully the extra weight will just slide right off me :)

What about you? What are your plans?

I'm not having a very good start with this program, lol. I did do my stats, so I'll enter them later(they're upstairs and I'm lazy). I've only worked out once this week and I ate ice cream last night. I'm getting serious Monday since I'm going to Nashville this weekend and plan on drinking a lot.

Let's do it!

I'm having a lazy day too...ate 5 soft pretzels and didn't do any exercise today [yet]

Hey Stuck...not sure if you're going to take a BnB break, but I'll go on your fitness journey with you if you'd like a friend!

Hi ladies,
Can I join your fitness group please?
I've had my check up today and am disgusted with my weight. I wanted to cry. I'm starting back at the gym next week as my OH hasn't got a day off until next weds and I'm struggling for anyone to watch Darcie. But I've been told not to run for a few weeks just take it easy and light. I used to do Pilates once a week, so im going to continue with that, and try and have a couple of cardio sessions a week xx:hugs:

Hey Kandid. Welcome!
Does your gym not offer child care? That sucks....I'm pretty sure most of the ladies at my gym pay their monthly membership just for the child care :)

Hey Kandid. Welcome!
Does your gym not offer child care? That sucks....I'm pretty sure most of the ladies at my gym pay their monthly membership just for the child care :)

No they don't it's crap! The weather is crappy too at the moment theorise I wold go out walking with Darcie. I'm happy and excited about going back to the gym I really miss it, and if I've got a group to pit myself against it will motivate me more. So this thread is just what I need. Thanks :hugs:xx
** otherwise I would go walking with Darcie (stupid iPad)

No problem. I have problems keeping myself accountable...I get lazy and before you know it, I'm sitting on the couch in my underwear eating a whole pizza straight out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->