New York- anyone been?

P

Pensivedore

We are going on Dec 10th for 5 nights :happydance:

We just don't know what to do? :shrug::dohh:. Both me and OH are going to have 1/2 on our own while we buy for the kids and each other, then a day shopping together but no idea the rest of the time? :shrug:

Don't think there will be much for Daniels benefit, but ideas for the other three would be great? We want to do a bus tour, go up the Empire state (I believe there is a lift?) and the Zoo but we don't have any other ideas as of yet.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I went in 1999 (so long ago!) and I went to the statue of liberty, twin towers when it was there, empire state (yes there is a lift :p) and then we went shopping. I was only there for a day so couldn't get much in, but I definitely recommend those places.

We are going on Dec 10th for 5 nights :happydance:

We just don't know what to do? :shrug::dohh:. Both me and OH are going to have 1/2 on our own while we buy for the kids and each other, then a day shopping together but no idea the rest of the time? :shrug:

Don't think there will be much for Daniels benefit, but ideas for the other three would be great? We want to do a bus tour, go up the Empire state (I believe there is a lift?) and the Zoo but we don't have any other ideas as of yet.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I've been. Loved it! We went for a week so did quite a bit:

Empire State building-amazing views of New York.

Ferry over to the Statue of Liberty.

Central Park- lots to do there. It is massive and takes hours to walk around.

Horse and Carriage Ride around Central Park is amazing.

National History Museum (great for kids!!)

In winter there is an ice skating rink at Rockerfeller Centre (and I think one in Central Pak).

Shopping, shopping, shopping!! You can spend hours in the toy shops alone.

Times Square is fascinating to walk around in the evening.

Greenwich Village is great to walk around too.

Strawberry Fields..

Lots of bars/amazing restaurants.

If i think of any more, I will add to this list. Enjoy! :flower:

Ooh lucky you, I loved it when I went, with the kids check out fao Schwartz fir all the toys and the big floor piano that they can have a go on. Staten island ferry to see statue of liberty (free has got to be good right) carriage ride in central park and zoo are good too and I think a quick ride was pretty reasonable price for new York too ;) think I remember a rainforest restaurant the kids might like too. Also I went in the summer but like someone said the big ice skating rink should be fun.

I went back in 04 with college.
We did the empire state building,
Ferry over to the status of liberty
Visited the united nations
Visited police and fire museums
Horse and carriage around central park
Visited times square
Lots of shopping
Went to china town
Helicopter ride over the city
And went to a broadway show.

Don't go up the Empire State Building, go to Top of the Rock, it has shorter que and you can see the Empire State Building too. lol

Susie28 has given you some good ideas. We just came back, sometimes we got to see loads of other time we went on the staten island ferry and it took forever to get back to do other things on the subway, so plan things in similar locations(we tried).

Central Park is HUGE we spend hours in different parts of it and only managed to see a small amount. Loads going on, kids sailing boats, salsa classes all sorts. The statue of liberty was closed when we went, i don't know when it re opens. :(

if you go to 9/11 memorial it's very busy and you have to pre book your ticket, even though it's free to enter. We saw the Friends apartment lol Don't forget to take your kids to Macys to see santa, their xmas range is amazing...

I really wanted to see the dinosaurs in the history museum but i couldn't make it in time. (some things have winter closing times)

There are movie/tv tours which look kinda fun and all of those famous movie bakeries, restaurants... there's loads of things depending on which areas you go to.

You could tour Yankee Stadium?

DH and I went out to Coney Island last weekend, but I don't know if they will be open in December or not. The Roosevelt Island tram was also pretty neat, but it doesn't last too long. We went to the ferries, then wall street, then the Fulton St. pier, and up to the WTC one day. The first was Coney Island, Rockefeller Center, Times Square. There is plenty to do in NYC. Just make sure you have someone that knows the subway routes or have to a way to really know where you're going first.

I went in february of last year for 5 days and it was amazing!!!

I would recommend-
The empire state building, yes there is a lift and also a stimulator ride like a small cinema with moving seats and it feels like your in a helicopter viewing all of new york.
- ride in a yellow taxi
- 5th avenue (expensive but amazing to see all the designer shops)
- central park is massive and so carriage rides and is right next to all the museums
- china town
- statue of liberty ferry
- iceskating in rockafella centre
- a broadway show in times square

Believe me you will find enough to do, 5 days went quick i could have stayed longer, i did so much walking tho don't think my feet could have handled it. Would reccomend good walking shoes especially for children, you'll be walking loads xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->