Newbie: 34 & ttc 1st time - Looking for a buddy!

Mondie

Reaction score
I am 34 years old and ttc for the 1st time on my 2nd cycle of trying. For some reason have got myself all hett up that it won't happen for me and all my friends either have children (no issues ttc) or are childless by choice.

My OH doesn't understand my feel my need for speed in getting pregnant, he thinks it will happen when it happens (no clock ticking away for him!)

Would be great to have someone to chat to that gets it!

Hi Mondie, I'm 32 and TTC #1, also on my 2nd cycle. I've become obessed with this whole process and I really think it's freaking my OH out. There's just so much information out there and charting and taking temps and OPKs - it's enought to make your head spin. OH is also only 26 so I don't think he feels the same urgency that I do because of my age. I've also gotten myself all worked up thinking that this won't happen. I know it's only the beginning of trying, but my friends also all have kids and I don't remember any of them ever discussing any issues. I know, it's all a mental thing, but it can't be good.

Anyway, I'd love to have someone to chat with! I'm currently charting my cycles, but am not consistenly taking temps or haven't tried OPKs yet. I've charted my cycles all the way back to June (wanted to make sure I didn't have AF on my honeymoon in October) and have determined that my cycles are either 28 or 30 days long. I'm currently on CD10.
What have you been trying so far?

Thanks so much for replying!

I so get the idea of how complicating this baby stuff is; I had no idea it would be so confusing! Just thought you stopped birth control and hey presto you get pregnant!

I have just started tracking my temp and using OPK's as I so want this to work! I am on CD8 and have a 28 day cycle so should be ovulating next week...

Like you I have got it into my head that this won't happen for me and DH, no rational reason why, just panicking I guess which is never good. Have to remember that I'm only starting my 2nd cycle! Guess I will start looking at other things to do if we have no luck in the coming months.

Would be nice to chat with someone going through the same as me, as my OH is so complacent about it all!

Well, lets be buddies! Can't believe we're almost on the same CD, too! According to my ovulation calendar, I should ovulate on Thursday, but since my cycle fluctuates and I'm not tracking my temps, I'm not 100% positive. Can't decide if its worth it to buy an OPK bcuz they're so expensive. Thought I'd try it without this month and if no luck, then try the OPK next. I'm also trying pre-seed this month. My only concern is that I'm leaving my hubby on Thursday to go to California so if I do ovulate that day, I hope it doesn't mess it all up!
how exactly does the OPK work? Should I try it this month? What kind are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->