Newbie!! And some questions about BCPs...

ShadowRat

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I am a total noob, and am hoping that this lovely forum will help me through another 2ww... Hated it last month!

Question: Is it commonly accepted amongst you guys that it takes aaages to O after coming off BCPs?? What's the sort-of average time it takes to O after coming off BCPs? Do many of you use ovulation tests? Or go by other signs?

That's all just for now, but I'm sure there'll be more!

Shadow x

completely varies hun depending on your own body...could ovulate immediately, could take few weeks, few months or longer.

best to either buy cheapie opk's off internet, or to chart temperature and/or changes in cm to see what bodies up to...

if i was you,get some opk(ovulation tests) and depending on ur cycle lengh start testin for cd11 till u get a positive,then u shud O within 12-36hrs :) or start charting aswell,as the day u O ur temp drops that morning :) GL

I've had more than one doc say coming off bcp can cause you to o quickly -- it's like your body hasn't had a chance in so long that it is super ready. However, I think all women are different. When I came off them I o'ed within two weeks.

DEFINITELY start looking into ways to keep track of your cycle (BBT, OPKs, CM, CP, etc.) fertilityfriend.com is a good place to start. After a little research, you can decide what is best for you. You'll be suprised what your body starts saying when you start paying attention.

I track BBT, use OPKs, feel middleschmertz every month, usually track CM, and am considering a Fertility Monitor this cycle. But I am bit of a control freak.:rofl:

Good luck!!

Hi Shadow
When i came off BCP i ovulated about 2 days after the withdrawal bleed finished. Although I didn't realise it at the time! But afterwards I realised I'd had ewcm - but at the time I'd not known what it was lol.
It varies for each person though.
Good luck x

I think it varies. When i tried for my dd i started charting as soon as i came of BCP. I'm pretty sure i didn't ovulate the first month but then it was also my first month of charting! I'm pretty sure i ovulated in the 2nd month and I fell pregnant in the third month so it didn't take long. Good luck and heres to a quick BFP for you :)

Thanks guys!!! I have started looking at Fertility Friend, and just this morning started charting my temperature- gotta start somewhere, eh? Even if it's just to get me into the habit, that way if this month is a BFN again, then I'll be ready for the next one!!
I'm gonna look into OPKs too, and if AF comes this month then I'll be giving that a go next month too :)

Thanks again for all the help for this silly noob! I'm sure it'll all be second nature soon...

Shadow x

I dont think I ovulated the first month, unless I missed it, but def did the next month as had positive opks, good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->