Newbie for advice and support - IB?

jjul86

Reaction score
Newbie for advice and support - IB?

Hi there! I just signed up today and I am notoriously bad at this sort of thing. So here's my story. I am 28 years old and I have been trying to conceive for over 12 months. I was referred to an infertility clinic for follow up on a relatively normal ultrasound 4 months ago and my husband and I agreed we would go in January, 2016 (got to love those clean slates for new years resolutions). While I menstruate on a monthly cycle, it is very irregular (28-34 days as the average range) and I am not personally convinced that I ovulate regularly either. Needless to say the last 12 months have been an emotional roller-coaster. Now here's where I am at: I tested positive for ovulation 10/29 and my husband and I had sex (this in and of itself was very exciting as I had not tested positive for ovulation in some time). Today is the 35th day of my cycle and 3 days ago I had a creamy brown discharge (TMI) just when I wiped over the course of 1 day - it was not heavy enough to even mark my underwear and has since completely disappeared. I have never experienced a creamy brown discharge. In terms of accompanying symptoms, I have had tremendous bloating (I seriously feel like a balloon) for 48 hours with mild cramping on the left side of my pelvis. My breasts are also very tender. As these symptoms are similar to that of my menstrual cycle, I don't want to get my hopes up but my (indeed, hopeful) research has made me wonder if the 24 hour weird creamy brown discharge that I had never experienced before was implantation bleeding. I have taken a pregnancy test and it is negative. So here I sit, 1 day outside my normal range, 14 dpo, 3 days past potential IB, wondering if I should still be hopeful that I simply took the test too early and there isn't enough HCG in my urine yet to detect pregnancy? Has anyone had a similar experience on their road to pregnancy - negative tests too early and then a BFP? I am sorry for the desperate tone of this entry but maybe if you ladies could send some baby dust my way I'll feel more confident taking another pregnancy test in a couple of days.

Thank you for your time!

You can ovualte anywhere from 12 to 48 hours after you see your positive OPK. So depending on where you actually ovulated you could only be 12-13 DPO and it could still be too early. This cycle when I did my OPK I got a suspected positive on cd12 but a darker positibe on cd 13 so I counted that as positive and I O'd on cd 14. I confirmed this with taking my bbt and I got my rise on CD15

You should ALWAYS be hopeful. :) until AF arrives there's always a chance. I've never experienced implantation bleeding but I've been told that brown and pink is a possible IB sign. I too have a lot of PMS symptoms and just got my faint positive. I have 26-28 day cycles so I tested at 13dpo im hoping my next test will be darker. Two days ago I had strange discharge which was very much creamy and egg white stringy looking which made me want to test. I say test again in a few days to give that possible blastocyst time to create some of that hgc.��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->