Newbie here as well

jrkjcds

Reaction score
Lily Arianna was born 34w5d on 11/23/10 - she's still in the NICU but now breathing on room air! I never thought I'd have a premie let alone to have her in an entire different hospital and to go home without her. I haven't even held her yet as i had a csection and i saw her for a few seconds while my mom took pictures. if i go home tomorrow the first place i"m going is up to see her (an hour away). Has any one had babies around this early and can give me ideas of what maybe to expect?

Attachments

• lily 012.jpg
    lily 012.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 7
  • lily 015.jpg
    lily 015.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 8
  • lily 017.jpg
    lily 017.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 8
Congratulations on the birth of your little girl.

I don't have personal experience of babies of that gestation as mine were 25 weekers but from the sounds of it she just needs to feed and grow. Aim for her due date and anything earlier is a bonus.

I hope you get to see her soon and give her cuddles.

Xx

Hi and congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous little baby.

I don't have any experience of this gestation either - Sophie was a 27 weeker. But if it helps at all, she has done really really well and came home 6 days before her due date, after 12 weeks in neonatal. She's now 8 months old, 5 months corrected, and doing everything she should be doing for a 5 month old.

It's horrible not being able to hold your baby - we had to wait 3 weeks to hold Sophie - and having to go home without her. We too were an hour away from the hospital and it was so hard being so far away, not to mention exhausting with all the travelling.

Hopefully your LO won't be in hospital TOO long - they usually aim for the due date and as 25 weeker said, anything sooner is a bonus. It sounds as if she's doing really well if she's breathing on room air. Sophie was on CPAP for 10 weeks and it was really her breathing that was the main thing for her to sort out. Then it was just a case of gaining weight and learning to feed.

:hugs:

Congratulations, she's lovely. I had my son at 33+5 on 20th July, so just a bit earlier than your little girl. He needed quite a bit of help with his breathing for the first few days and suffered from jaundice. He was in neonatal for just under 3 weeks, in an incubator for about 10 days and then in the nursery section until we could establish feeding.

It is so hard having to go home without your baby and seeing them in neonatal looking so helpless, but it sounds like your daughter is doing really well. I really hope that you are able to get to see her soon.

Let us know how she is getting on and please ask if you have any questions. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->