newbie here... introducing myself :)

SunflowerBub

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I am new on here, but certainly not new to TTC! I have three children from a previous marriage, but new to same-sex relationships and assisted conception.

My beautiful girlfriend and I have been together for nearly 6 years and for about a year we have both very much entertained the idea of having a baby. We found a wonderful donor last year but after three attempts at ttc, gave up, because he was so far away (2 hour flight) and we both needed to get more stable in our jobs etc.

Fast forward a year. We both have stable, permanent jobs, a house, some more pets, and still very much in love. We are back to square one with donors and are having trouble finding one. We want one that resembles her, ie; European-looking. At first, we were contemplating IVF so that we would use her egg, but it's just too expensive, so we will use my egg and get a donor. We have registered with a donor site but so far, no one has messaged us back. I was also concerned with my age, since I am 36 now and was quite young when I had my kids, so this age seems quite old to me to have kids. But, I keep being reassured that it's not too old.... so here we are... trying to try to conceive. Also, I have to lose 30kg first, so that the pregnancy isn't too hard on my body, since with baby #3 I had severe SPD, which was really awful.

So, there you have it. We are both so excited, and I am very quickly becoming obsessed with the idea (and these message boards!!). I just can't friggin wait to ttc!! Any tips on finding a donor? :shrug:

Thanks for reading... :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->