Newbie Intro

35inMT

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score

Hi All -

I'm new here and just wanted to post a quick hello.

I am 35, have been married to my adorable DH for 6 1/2 years, live in Montana, US. We have two fuzzy babies :laugh2: (Kia, 12 and Julie, 11) but are TTC #1.

We have been TTC for 4 months and currently in TWW this month :-= (4-9 days left, depending cause my cycles have been weirdo lately). Have been doing OPK for two months and going to start BBT next month. My 3 day hormones were good this month except Progesterone a little low (I work in a lab and can do all the crazy blood tests I want - not really a good thing) and tomorrow am going to do 21 day tests on myself.

Have hypothyroidism. Checked my levels when we started trying and was right in range at 1.5 TSH. Then started tracking my cycles closely and noticed they are way shorter than they used to be. I ovulate right on time at day 14 but luteal phase is like 10 days. So, rechecked my TSH and was way up to 3.5 in just two months. Not surprising since my hypo has been very unstable since I was diagnosed 6 years ago. So, my awesome GP is going to have me test every 4 weeks and adjust meds accordingly. Have an appointment for routine gyno visit with new OB/GYN that friends rave about on 25th. We will only be at 5 months of trying at that point, but hoping to get some pointers :blush:.

Very long post here, but I know how great it is to chat with other ladies going through same stuff. Two other ladies where I work are both TTC, one is 32 and has PCOS and other is 35 also.

My DH is being very supportive but he is taking the "be patient" and "wait and see" approach. He actually said, "If it happens, it happens. And if it doesn't, it doesn't." Sometimes, boys so don't get it...

Thanks for reading my LONG intro. Look forward to chatting with everyone.

35inMT

Hi All -

I'm new here and just wanted to post a quick hello.

I am 35, have been married to my adorable DH for 6 1/2 years, live in Montana, US. We have two fuzzy babies :laugh2: (Kia, 12 and Julie, 11) but are TTC #1.

We have been TTC for 4 months and currently in TWW this month :-= (4-9 days left, depending cause my cycles have been weirdo lately). Have been doing OPK for two months and going to start BBT next month. My 3 day hormones were good this month except Progesterone a little low (I work in a lab and can do all the crazy blood tests I want - not really a good thing) and tomorrow am going to do 21 day tests on myself.

Have hypothyroidism. Checked my levels when we started trying and was right in range at 1.5 TSH. Then started tracking my cycles closely and noticed they are way shorter than they used to be. I ovulate right on time at day 14 but luteal phase is like 10 days. So, rechecked my TSH and was way up to 3.5 in just two months. Not surprising since my hypo has been very unstable since I was diagnosed 6 years ago. So, my awesome GP is going to have me test every 4 weeks and adjust meds accordingly. Have an appointment for routine gyno visit with new OB/GYN that friends rave about on 25th. We will only be at 5 months of trying at that point, but hoping to get some pointers :blush:.

Very long post here, but I know how great it is to chat with other ladies going through same stuff. Two other ladies where I work are both TTC, one is 32 and has PCOS and other is 35 also.

My DH is being very supportive but he is taking the "be patient" and "wait and see" approach. He actually said, "If it happens, it happens. And if it doesn't, it doesn't." Sometimes, boys so don't get it...

Thanks for reading my LONG intro. Look forward to chatting with everyone.

35inMT

Hi and welcome.

I also have hypothyroidism and have had similar issues with it lately. I've been stable for many years and found out this winter/spring it was 2.6 and in May it was 3.6! New meds and 4 weeks later it's back down to 1.3, so I'm very pleased.

My husband has the same attitude as yours. Me? Uh, I'm desperate. After 12 failed cycles, I've finally made an appointment to see my RE.

I'd love to visit Montana. I've never been there but everything I read and see aobut it, show it to be beautiful.

Good luck ttc!

Welcome :flower:, how cool being able to do your own tests. I'm a medic in children's anesthesia , sometimes too much knowledge can make you warped . By that I mean I have to remind myself all kids are not sick or going to injure themselves on a trampoline:winkwink:
My mum has a long history with her thyroid and I've been borderline , but for now the last tests were good .
Great to meet you , good luck with everything :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->