Newbie Looking for Advice

rvermande

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I hope this post doesn't seem long winded.

I'm 24 and my husband is 25 and we've been TTC for about five months now. It just doesn't seem to be working! I have him taking multivitamins as well as zinc and am personally taking folic acid. I recently purchased Conceive Plus and was wondering if anyone had any success with that? I'm pretty sure he has a low count because he drinks quite frequently.

Basically, I'm new here and I just want any and all advice that you can give us. Thank you so much! :kiss:

Hi, wish you luck and lots of baby dust
The vitamins are a great idea and a good start!

The first thing I'd do (besides trying to get OH to drink less :D) is figure out when/if you are ovulating. Charting your basal body temp & CM, with an app like fertility friend online, is a great way to see if you are actually releasing an egg. Ovulation predictor strips are good to give you a days notice or so, but it doesn't tell you for sure that you DID ovulate - only BBT can show you (at home).
Alternatively, just BD every other day all cycle lol :)
Also, using a sperm friendly lube like preseed helps the little swimmers!

I'm sure you will get a ton of good advice here...

I don't know if this really helped or if it was just time on my side but I was not ovulating since I miscarried in July. Try as we might, we could not get pregnant again even though it only took a month to conceive the one we miscarried.

I began taking Bellybar prenatal vitamins (which have folic acid in them as well as many other essential vitamins) and drinking raspberry tea, only a cup or two a day from the start of my period until ovulation. It worked for me. The first cycle I took the prenatals and drank the raspberry tea, I ended up ovulating as we found out via ultrasound.

The other thing I can recommend is for you to take low dose aspirin once a day from the day you stop your period until you start again or get your positive test. This helps build your uterine lining so the egg is more likely to implant.

Good luck!

Charting your basal body temp is a good way to see if you ovulate and adding opk's to test to indicate that ovulation is imminent would certainly help.

The vitamins are a great idea and really the first thing to do, so thats great! I agree, that if you guys bd every second day, you will have a pretty good shot at getting the egg.

you can also monitor your cervical mucous and when you get eggwhite mucous you are at your most fertile, however some ladies, like myself, never see eggwhice cm, only creamy so in those cases, preseed is great to use.

Another bit of advice that seem to work for quite a lot of ladies is if you orgasm (sorry tmi) right after you bd'd in order for your uterus to contract. Apparently it helps the cervix to dip into the sperm in the vagina and pull them towards the uterus.

I take a multivit called Pregnacare conception. We are trying for our #2. With my first pregnancy I got pregnant the month I started using this vitamin and making sure an orgasm followed bd. (could just be a co-incidence, but hey, i got my bfp)

Did the same thing this month and hoping for the best!

Hi hun i have conceived twice using conceive plus on our first month using it also my friend who tried for over a year to conceive i told her about it and she conceived her first month using it too. I would suggest your hubby doesnt drink too much as it probably will help x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->