newbie on the site!

Ms_CJ

Reaction score
Hey ya'll. I'm CJ and I'm 23 years old, from Pennsylvania. My husband and I have been on the TTC journey for about 10 months now, give or take. I've learned to stop POAS, simply because it was too expensive to constantly be doing and the recurrent heartbreak was too much. I try to have that "don't care" attitude, but that doesn't really work. No one other than my husband and I know that we're trying. When they ask when we're going to have a baby, I simply say "I want one, just not right now." That couldn't be the furthest from the truth. I'm extremely jealous of the fertility of everyone around me... This whole journey has made me an emotional mess, so feel free to share your emotions/thoughts with me because I am sure I feel the same exact way! (for the record, I have not gone through any treatments as of yet)

Hi! I am 26, I live in Ohio. My husband and I are currently on cycle 10 of TTC. I used this site before but got too caught up in the POAS frenzy along with symptom spotting and had to take a break for while, that works for some but I was a bawling mess each time I got my period. Like you said the continual heartbreak was just way too much. So I tried the relaxed approach for the last 4 months with no luck (meaning I didn't chart use OPKs or any of the many supplements, vitamins, and herbs I was using before). It still didn't work lol. I actually have told my friends we were TTC and he told some of his family. I think it created more stress because instead of the "when are you going to have babies?", now I get the "are you pregnant yet"? Telling my friends was probably the worst idea b/c they had NO problems getting pregnant and just do not understand. But I am an emotional roller coaster with this TTC journey I never thought it would be like this...

Have you gone to a doctor about your infertility? I read somewhere that they won't run tests unless you've been trying for like 8 months or something. Not sure if that's true or not. At this point I am afraid to see the doctor. I am afraid the insurance won't cover any of my appointments (not that I plan to do treatments). I also don't want people questioning me about why I am going to the doctor so much...especially my coworkers (since I would have to leave work and go back).

I haven't gone yet. I don't think a Dr will consider it infertility at our age until its over a year from what I have read. I'm kind of worried about going to the doctor b/c I am afraid of what they will say and I don't want to be put on some medicine without them really knowing if I have a problem. I think when I go for my yearly check-up I'll say something to the obgyn and see what they think. I mean we are getting close to the year mark. I am not sure on insurance what they would cover. It's confusing and I guess it probably depends on the insurance you have.

You're probably right. Also, they can't force you to take any medication that you don't feel comfortable taking. They're also not supposed to prescribe any if they don't know what you have. My doc won't even give me meds for my migraines until she knows what causes them. It's frustrating cuz I don't want to keep taking excedrin migraine, due to how strong it is (and damaging to the liver). I just let them ride their self out now, if at all possible. (sorry got off topic)

I know they are a lot more stingy with pain meds and things of that nature. I read a lot of threads tho were girls go to the doctor after just a few months of trying and get clomid and that's what made me nervous. I mean I know they cannot make you take it but then I wouldn't feel comfortable using that doctor. I think next cycle I will go to the Dr. I am due any day now though so I won't make any appointments till after. Do you chart or just use the NTNP (not trying not protecting) method?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->