Newbie to TTC/NTNP

Sharris

TTC our 1st ^-^
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I don't normally talk about things so openly, but I guess if I want truthful, honest advice, some details help. DH and I have been NTNP for the 3+ yrs we've been together with no surprises. We talked about it, and would both like to have children soon, so we decided to try a little more actively. I think we might be able to do it as my AF has been a bit more regular than before our wedding (78d, 84d, & 98d etc day cycles). I have an app on my cell called My Days, most people use it to avoid pregnancy (reviews) lol! anyway, how reliable are those things? It says I'm supposed to see AF today, and that I should O on 4/14. I'm super nervous because DH and I have been BD like :bunny: since our wedding :blush: I'm starting to think I might just be a bit overwhelmed with all the this since I'm not sure where to begin. I honestly don't know if I can have children, I somehow got convinced if one had a lot of X-Rays of your abdomen, it could jeopardize fertility. Sorry for the novel ya'll, I've been suffering from insomnia lately and can't seem to fix my sleep schedule.. lol.

On a side (hopeful) note, have any of you ladies been diagnosed with hip displaysia? If so, how severe was it if you don't mind my asking, and how was pregnancy with hip displaysia? Have you or do you have a cyst on your femur? If so, how did the Dr.'s want to treat it?

I was diagnosed with it as a little girl, and one of the last times I went for a follow up, I asked about getting pregnant and what would happen, and was told I could wind up in a wheelchair later in my pregnancy. I'm a little nervous about that, but DH and I talked about that possibly happening, and let's just say he's gonna be working out as our house is not really wheel chair friendly.. :blush:

Again, sorry for the novel.. I appreciate any and all advice any of you ladies have to give me, and thank you for helping me! :hugs:

Also, when does your "cycle" officially start? The 1st day of AF's visit or O day?

Your cycle starts the first day of your period, it is day one.
As for the the phone applications like the one your are using they are not very reliable to determine when you are fertile, but it is a great tool to log your cycle information.
Now if you track more symptoms, such as temperature and mucus it become way more accurate (don't know about the ''My Days'' app, but several apps have this feature, or you can always use a fertility chart online)
Of course there is always those ovulation predictor sticks, I personally have not used any so far, i'm pretty new to this, but I know lots of ladies use them.

As for your other questions, i'm sorry but I can't answer, hopefully someone here will have some answers, but it would be a good idea to speak with your doctor. :)

Baby dust to you :D

well the app says I was supposed to start yesterday, and I haven't seen af yet :/

I use My Days also. Basically all it does is take whatever past information you have entered in for how long your cycles are and averages them. So if you had cycles all over the place, then no it will not be very accurate in predicting when AF should come. As far as it predicting your fertile period, I'm pretty sure the app just divides your cycle in half, and puts that as your O day. Unless, like was mentioned before, you are entering in more data like opk results or bbt's, then it will be much more accurate. Otherwise, its just an app. The more info you give it, the more accurate it will be. Hope this helps! :hugs:

I looked and I have Jan., and Feb. in there.. waiting for March cycle..There's none of the ones from when it was all crazy before the wedding.. mostly because I got a new phone in Jan. I'm not sure how to do all the charting and stuff yet lol so we're kinda going with the flow for now I guess :shrug:

Thats what I've been doing as well (although its only my 2nd cycle). We basically just BD'd every other day until about a week or so after I was "supposed" to O. And AF came right on time (28 day cycle). I didn't have my hopes up too high as it was my first month off the pill so I had no idea what was going to happen. But, a girl always dreams right?

yes we can dream :p I'm hoping there's a good reason af isnt here yet.. but my luck, it's just stress :/

well the app says I was supposed to start yesterday, and I haven't seen af yet :/

Ya that's why I said that it is not very accurate :) But if you keep track of your cycles for a while it will adjust and you will also be able to see an average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->