Newbie with some questions

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Hey guys, im over these sections finally and i need some help already :blush:

Soley BFing atm but having a litte trouble, He doesnt open his mouth wide enough and as a result im getting blistered nipples. The only times he does open his mouth wide enough he goes rigid and away from me.

Any tips to help with this?

Merv's Mum gave me a good tip yesterday because I've been having the same problem - pinch your nipple together at the areola and push it into his mouth when he opens it so he doesn't have to open it too wide. I've sort been shoving the pinched bit in which she seemed surprised about at first but it's worked really well! :)

My comunity midwife also suggested, slightly pulling down on his chin to make it wider but I can't work out that one, I don't seem to have three hands!

I tried that as well Natalie but my LO is pretty strong and I can't get her jaw to move at all! :dohh:

I can't do it so I given up on that one, so I'll try the pinching one thank you x

I second the sandwiching the nipple, it helped me a lot.

They told me from the moment I first started in the hospital to sandwhich the nipple... they actually yelled at me if i didn't cause I thought she was opening wide enough... She has a very teeny mouth though and my nipple are HUGE. So I sandwhiched. She doesnt latch on anymore though. Still goes right for the boob when shes hungry but wont actually eat from it she closes her mouth until she gets a bottle... :(

Sandwiching as above and also brushing the tip of your nip between his nose and top lip - this should get him to put his head back more and open up. Then flick the sandwiched breast in - give him quite a gob full. It's not easy at first.

I third the sandwhich the nipple thing. I do it and it helps a lot with Hannah xxx

Get yourself to a lactation consultant or a breastfeeding clinic ASAP!!! They can help resolve these problems in a matter of minutes. It's extremely difficult to solve these problems over forums. You need someone to show you. LCs are just amazing at what they do. Go and see one!!

yep brush his/her nose with your nipple and baby should stretch their mouth open more to latch xxx it can be a little tricky first few days but you will get the hang of it hon, speak to your MW if unsure she should help you, mine was great and would sit with me till i was happy he was on xx

Deffo sandwich! Just shove that sucker right on in there and hope for the best. He will learn to open wide soon enough because he will get more milk that way too.
xx

I sandwiched too, I also used to keep it sandwiched and push a little bit more in everytime he opened his jaw to drink

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->