faye180

Reaction score
Hi there.
I'm 36 and new to this site and just looking for general consensus.
I had the mirena coil removed on October 8th after 3 years being in. For the last 4 cycles whilst the coil was in I started to have spotting and light periods again lasting around 5 days at at time which is why I assume it was a period, whereas before them last 4 cycles I hardly had any periods just spotting on odd days. The cycle length between each of them 4 "periods" was 24 days.
Me and partner have now decided to try for a baby hence removal of the coil.
This morning I have now come on my first natural period since the removal of the coil, and again it was 24 days since the last one as the coil was being removed.
I'm slightly concerned with my cycle length being only 24 days, my question really is this something to be concerned about with my age, and how many people with this cycle length on here conceived naturally no problem?

Hi love was you on the coil with hormones or the one without?

only asking because if it’s the one with the hormones it could be that.
My cycle was only 23 days when I came off the mini pill to ttc back in February. a few of my cycles were a bit wacky after.

Then settled but then went wacky again due to illness etc.

Welcome to baby and bump.
Feel free to come join us all in the November testing group in the tww section, every month there is a new testing group but we have all been trying for a while now it’s nice to be in a group with so much support. Your get way more answers there too.

Hi love was you on the coil with hormones or the one without?

only asking because if it’s the one with the hormones it could be that.
My cycle was only 23 days when I came off the mini pill to ttc back in February. a few of my cycles were a bit wacky after.

Then settled but then went wacky again due to illness etc.

Thanks for replying
Yes it was the Mirena coil which has 1 of the hormones in it, progestin I think.
Thats reassuring to know that it could be due to the hormone.
I definitely remember my cycle lengths being longer than 24 days before the coil.
Really hoping it settles down quickly as I worry with age it will become harder to conceive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->