twistedwheel

Reaction score
I just thought I would introduce myself, I normally post on another parenting website but it has been infiltrated by my sister who got her bfp last week!! so here I am away from sneaky eyes :winkwink:

My DH and I have been ttc for 6 months. My cycles are between 27 and 29 ish days. I am currently on CD35, with several BFN (using ebay cheapies) and still no signs of af.

We already have one ds who is 3.5yrs. He was born with multiple medical problems and has been in and out of hospital from being 2 days old and undergone 14 surgeries, several major surgeries (first one at 2 days old) and countless hospital admissions. I am desperate for a bfp as I sort of feel I was 'cheated' (for want of a better word!) out of the new born baby experience. Plus, ds would adore a brother/sister!

Look forward to getting to know you all and any advice regarding the unusually long cycle thing month would be appriciated!!

Hi twistedwheel :hi:
Wow, it sounds like your little one has really been through it, he must be such a little fighter!
CD35 - are you usually on time for AF? I'd be suspicious really - sometimes it takes a while to pick up a positive. I believe there are certain things you can do to shorten a long cycle but don't know exactly what they are offhand so hopefully some of the other ladies can help!
Welcome to the forum and lots of :dust:

AF normally arrives between cd27-cd29. So I am a bit taken a back as to why I am SO late!

I know ebay cheapies aren't rated by a lot of people, but surely at 5 or so days late it would show up by now!

Thanks for the welcome xx

Just wanted to say hi and welcome! :hi:
It's strange that af is late if you're always so regular! Did anything happen around your usual ov time that might have delayed it? Sick/travel/stress? I would expect something to show in the ic by now but maybe you should splash out on a frer?! Or maybe you have slow rising hcg levels? How late/early did you get your bfp for your ds?

I was around 7wks pg when I tested with ds and it showed up straight away, also on an ebay cheapie. I would only be around 5wks now if I was pg.

I have no symptoms of either af/bfp apart from really sore boobs and mild cramps on and off. I think I might have to send dh to the supermarket for a frer or cb digital, failing that, pick one up tomorrow. x

PS... nothing happened around the time of ov. In fact I was so convinced I was out this month because dh had a dose of 'man flu!' at the beginning of the month and our ds hasn't being sleeping well so not dtd alot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->