Newborn size or straight to 000? Opinions please!

Regarding new born nappies I'd get a few boxes we changed our daughter every hour all day and all night because she pood constantly we went through so many nappies! And I think most new borns you will change 10 times a day x

I'm in Aus my friend had a 10lber and she was in 0000 for 3 weeks.

I had a baby just shy of 7lb (6lb 12oz) and she could of worn 00000. The 0000 were huge on her.

This is my first baby but I'm not bothering with newborns. If the regular 0-3 months don't fit, the mall is right by the hospital. I'm sure it'll be easy for hubby/someone to run and get newborns if it's really necessary.

I bought one or two new NB outfits (I had to have a cute going home outfit), and then a bunch of secondhand NB onesies. The secondhand ones are all $1 or less, so I figure it's worth risking $10 to not have to immediately shop if he's tiny. I believe the bag of 0-3 clothes a friend handed down to us has a few NB things, too, and I figure at least a couple people will buy tiny stuff for us. Now that they're predicting a small baby, I may buy a few more NB things instead of just assuming he'll be in 0-3 quickly, but I at least have enough to get through the worst of recovery before shopping if I need more. I'll bring a cute 0-3 sleeper to the hospital just in case he surprises us, too.

My son was 8lb 15oz, but he was super tall, so he was only in NB for a week or two and went to 0-3m clothes fast. So when my daughter was born, I barely had any NB clothes cause "they don't last". And she was 5lb 15oz and needed preemie. You can just never know. :/

Just get your NB stash second hand. Since babies very rarely stay in NB size for more than a month or two, you can usually find second hand for dirt cheap.

Newborn in the uk varies depending on the shop lol. Next stuff is tiny in newborn but i find asda and matalan are more generous. I have got 3 sleepsuits that go up to 71b 8oz and a couple of newborn outfits. My mum said there all curled up and tiny when there born. I may only get two weeks out of them but its just incase shes small. 0-3 months look like they would drown a newborn baby to me but i have plenty of 0-3 because she will soon grow.

im taking a couple of different sizes to hospital. X

My son was 9.1ibs and 21inches. Newborn fit him for about a week! (NB size goes to 10ibs over here)

As the ladies have been saying- I would get a few onesies and like 2 pairs of pants!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->