Newborns and breastfeeding...

blue_kat

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some guidance about starting bf for a newborn...I did it for over 2 years with my DD but my brain has gone fuzzy and I cant remember what works/doesnt work!

At the moment my DS (first time ive said that :flower::cry: love him!) is 3 days old and yesterday we finally cracked BF! He was born with tongue tie and alot of mucus so found it hard to get started. Alls fine now though!

At the moment he tends to sleep allllll day and then cluster feed ALLLLLLLL night...hence asking for tips!

So now i am waking him every 2/3 hours to feed, he doesnt always want to so would you leave it or persist? How do you manage to wake your LOs?

i have more questions but typically he has just woken up and my milk came in this afternoon (randomly not in the morning) so I am DESPERATE for him to have a feed!

Ouch. They are sooooo sleepy the first little bit, but definitely persist, it will get easier as your DS gets older. I just had to keep waking my DS every few minutes, it took ages to feed him, but he never clustered at night.

My baby hates being naked so stripping him down helped to keep him awake/wake him up.

Using a wet whipey and gently touching your baby will help wake them up. I have to do this occasionally with my baby, especially when the house is hot. She just wants to sleeeeep.

My DD won't wake up when she doesn't want to! I just let her cluster feed at night for the first three weeks and then we introduced a soother, which has helped her settle as she won't take it when hungry, only tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->